BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appropo of nothing, I washed the LT yesterday and as the sun was setting, I swear there's a Purple cast to the paint.

Is there a pearlcoat or am I sniffing something?

Untitled by Matey-O, on Flickr

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't you wish it was purple.
Loren will tell you...it's the best color there is ( and the fastest )

But in all honesty, I think methemarism has something to do with color looking different in certain lighting.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I have a gray Lincoln that turns a beautiful purple when the sunset is red. It's amazing...... :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lesn said:

But in all honesty, I think methemarism has something to do with color looking different in certain lighting.
Wow...pays to enrich my word power. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamerism_(color)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry about the misspell, but I worked a lot with color and it's repeatability. Certain colors react drastically under changing light sources and it all has to do with the make up of the colorants.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I can't believe that we haven't heard from Loren yet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lesn said:
Sorry about the misspell, but I worked a lot with color and it's repeatability. Certain colors react drastically under changing light sources and it all has to do with the make up of the colorants.
I didn't know it was a thing. I had an RX-7 that was kind of a nice Red in daylight, but turned turd brown at night.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do you think it may have been a reflection off that poor young man in the photo who was wearing a short sleeved shirt in the dead of Colorado winter?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tips727 said:
Do you think it may have been a reflection off that poor young man in the photo who was wearing a short sleeved shirt in the dead of Colorado winter?
Heck naw, it was AT LEAST 45 degrees out!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Howdy all! I've been up to my ears in homework! It's good to see that there are some converts to purple out there. Even if it does involve methinsophomoretinism(sp?). I think I have earned a quick ride then back to the books!

Great looking ride and a fine looking young man in the saddle!

Loren
Boatzo said:
I can't believe that we haven't heard from Loren yet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's one of two. Unfortunately, that means there'sa competition between both brothers and Mom for the Pillion spot. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well than, just take a look at Loren's rig. The sidecar holds two--not too large-people and leaves the pillion seat for the third person. I think that would be your answer.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
lesn said:

Methamphetamine psychosis could also be a factor in some cases, although I suspect NOT this one. ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also...doppler shift, although at picture taking, the bike was stopped.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Rocketsled said:
Also...doppler shift, although at picture taking, the bike was stopped.
Indeed.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
And...... sometimes when the sun was shining on it juuuuuuust right it would just about match!

Loren

lesn said:
Well than, just take a look at Loren's rig. The sidecar holds two--not too large-people and leaves the pillion seat for the third person. I think that would be your answer.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure I quite conveyed the point. The bike is used to GET AWAY...not bring EVERYTHING WITH ME!

:D

It's good for...selectively...bringing along one family member for 1:1 time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts