BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum,
Anyone knows how to enable the bluetooth functionality in R1200RT?
This is in order to be able to hear the audio system via a bluetooth helmet.
As far as I know there is some code to be entered afterwhich a new menu appears on the screen.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello from hot Arizona,

I have a 2012 R1200RT and I really love this bike. But my Bluetooth audio works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I have the Cardo G4 headsets and I've been able to pair to the bike but it doesn't always work. Perhaps you'll have better luck. I've attached the manuals that I've downloaded for my bike and there are instructions on how to pair with Bluetooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just paired my Sena SMH5 with my '12 tonight. Paired easily (surprise!) but the audio quality isn't very good. A week ago I got the audio connector so that I can run the rear audio outputs to 2 bluetooth dongles so my passenger and I can both listen to high-quality music. I'll post once I'm done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In order to get the BT to work, if a 2010 model (think it is standard after that) you must take it to the dealer so that they can enter a code to open the BT. PS… the code is NOT free + work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.