BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just spent a couple of hours checking, but I can't find any previous discussion on this any where in the Forums. I've a System 5 helmet with BMW Bluetooth, and a Nolan N102 with Nolan Bluetooth, but can't get them to pair up. I've given priority to both in separate pairings, the priority helmet always 'beeps' OK to indicate a pairing but the second helmet refuses to play the game.

Does anyone have any helpful tips, please?

TIA :thumb:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bluetooth is a master/slave technology. When you pair these devices, its called a piconet.

Being a master/slave topology, there can be only one master.

From what I hear you say, it sounds like you are trying to pair two helmets together. This may not be supported (I do not know these helmets well). Check for a switch of some sort that will put one helmet into a slave mode

Have you ever had this configuration working?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I've not had it working, despite quite a few attempts! Both of the manufacturer's instructions require the headsets to be put into pairing, and then the power switch on the rider's helmet to be depressed briefly to allow pairing to continue and be completed. I assume that creates one as the slave, as you say. I have tried with the BMW as the master, and similarly the Nolan as master: each attempt has the 'master' completing the pairing (beeping, then lights indicating that pairing is complete), but the other unit remains in pairing mode without completion. I have further followed instructions and turned the units off and then on, without success.

Both are BT2, 2.4mhz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts