BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can send my BMW radio signal to an intercom that receives BlueTooth signal? I don't have the BMW intercom, just the stock radio/cassette/CD player.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am in the same position as you. I posted the question on a media forum and the guy sent me the attached sketch to make and adapter for the headset. I however just need to find a BT transmitter that is compatable with the Scala Rider.

Perhaps you should go the some way.

I hope this sketch helps and helps others.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Interesting post. I too have a Cardo Scala bluetooth system. I have the rider Q2 multiset which meets all my needs EXCEPT for playing MP3's through the helmet speakers.

On my system the MP3 input is simply a jack mounted on the helmet piece that does not provide any amplification.

I ride with ear plugs so the music can't be heard.

If I am reading your post correctly you are wanting to connect the output of the LT radio to a blue tooth transmitter (A2DP) so that you can listen to the tunes on your helmet speakers.

In order to use the handlebar controls for IPOD control one would need a DICE or similar unit. I would think this would be mandatory. What a PITA to try to control your IPOD with gloved hands from the stingray.

One would need also to mute the speakers when using the bluetooth transmitter which would mean putting a device on each of the speaker lines to attenuate speaker volume to zero. The mute button on the handlebar could not be used because it would mute the entire system including the output to the transmitter,

Not sure there is a cost effective way to do this.

If I could have my entire wish list it would be the following:

Handlebar controls intact including IPOD search, volume control, etc.
Transmitter wired to bike so no batteries/AC to futz with
Bike speakers disconnect when transmitter is on
Ability to turn transmitter on and off with a switch (autoswitch? Maybe this might also be used to disconnect speakers?)
Detailed parts list and wiring diagram

Here's the issue for me. Even if this could be done for a couple hundred bucks, which I doubt, I would nearly be at the cost of one of the trusted and proven after market intercom systems as I paid retail for my Q2 out of desperation, I was 8 hrs from home riding 2 up getting jabbed in the ribs!

Any of you electronic gurus have any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Never explained it properly. Sorry.

My iPod has a BT transmitter which transmits toi the Sont BT Radio. Ipod Transmitter cannot pair with Zumo and Scala.

I then explained to the guys on media forum that I want to connect the radio to my headset, but never informed them that it will be wireless. They then gave me that drawing.

I have contacted some BT manufacturers and they let me know that as soon as they have a workable product they will let me know. Scosche product is one that I am looking at. If it is compatible, it will be the route I will go and then my whole system is BT.

At this stage I am hoping that a BT manufacturer comes up with a multi-frequency BT transmitter and that it will solve most of our communications problems.

:dance:

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I use a IMC Camos 300 http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/products/imc-camos-bts-series_52/bts300_83.html attached to a Wi Revo Bluetooth http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/products/wirevo-stereo-bluetooth-adapter_19/d1000v_40.html run thru a MixIt Amplifier http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=MIXIT.

In all that I run my Touch I-Pod, my 2820 with Voice Prompts and XM, my BlackBerry, and of course the CD and Radio if I choose.

Not cheap at all. But it is ADP2 and it can rattle your skull if you crank it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Good Lord LAF! Nothing complicated about your system!!! Do the headlights dim when you power everything up? LOL

It just occurred to me that if my Q2 mutes the non-amplified input when a call comes in on my blackerry or rider/passenger communications occur then I am almost home free. Rider/passenger conversation and BlacKBerry phone use performance is phenomenal. The only sticking point is the non amplified audio in. BTW the mp3 input is corded so my IPOD would go in a chest level pocket.

One last note. I currently use a cassette adapter in the cassette player with the cord going to the output of my mp3 device. This has actually worked quite well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another Cardo user here with the same question/problem. Thus far the only b/t system that appears to be out there for the LT is from J&M but to do 2 helmets will cost around $1,400. You'd think with the number of LTs out there Cardo would come up with a solution but as of this week they say they have no intention of addressing the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts