BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Has anyone else installed the DV688 dash cam by BlueSkySea and managed to get RID of the electromagnetic interference? The unit works brilliantly on the battery, but as soon as I start up the bike the screen flickers and eventually freezes up after riding anywhere between 5 to 45 mins. I really want to like this unit, but it’s virtually unusable as is. I’ve tried rerunning the power cords and using different switches sources, but the same things happens. Today I took the entire bike apart and wired up a big 20 amp interference suppressor as well an in-line ferrite core, and same thing. I’ve removed the DV688 from the bike completely and disconnected everything except for the power, which was only connected post isolator then I plugged in only 1 camera, also disconnected, and held it far away from the bike yet still EMI and screen flicker. Any advice is most appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you read the Amazon reviews?
Hey Scimitar,
Yes and I’ve seen someone with an identical issue that said he’d resolved it but didn’t explain how. I was hoping he might be a member on this group. 🙂. Unfortunately I don’t think my wife saw his review before she bought it for me as a Christmas present.

I think I’ve exhausted all possible solutions and have given up on the BlueSkySea DV688. I’ve removed the unit from the bike and have purchased the INNOVV K2 instead; hopefully that’ll fix the issue!

Cheers,
Devin

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts