BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 LT with a Nav III on it. I have paired my cell to the Nav III and would like to use it though the system on the bike instead of a blue tooth head set. I am not sure if this will even work or not but right after I got it paired up, I got a call. I was able to hear them but not able to talk to them. When I try to place a call using the Nav III, it tells me to pair up a head set. Help!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Don't waste your time. My dealer also told me it should work. After persisting for 2 months I got with Garmin tech support (also a rider with a GPS) who knew the answer right away;
You need a Nolan or some other bluetooth type helmet or do the work-around as others have posted.
Motorola HF820 BT speaker with a 2.5 mm male x male adapter pluged into it and the Voice II cell phone input.
Pair the Nav III with the phone. Pair the HF820 w/the Nav III but NOT with the phone (or at least keep it disabled from the phone). Set the volume on the HF820 up. It will work, I can hear great BUT my voice out to the caller is garbled. BTW, even if I can't talk out I like knowing who is calling in (the Nav III displays who is calling) and I can decide if it is required for me to pull over and make a call.
Family code= three call in a row by same caller = emergency
I now plug my phone innto the voice ll cell phone input, disable the bluetooth, and set to auto answer if I need my phone while riding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts