BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a technological neophyte. If I have a blue ant intercom set for the SO and me, will I also be able to use the head sets for blue tooth GPS and cell phone? If so will they prioritize?

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
George,
I do not know the answer, but it is my recollection that Blue Ant, Scala, J & M, and Cardo have solutions that allow you to intercom, and connect to something (only one something at a time) like a GPS. If I remember, you must toggle between modes, and there is no priority signal management.

At the next level, you have StarCom and AutoCom. These are considered middle-level systems that allow a couple of audio inputs (prioritized) and intercom.

Beyond that you have Baehr and AKE. These are fully integrated controllers will all of the bells and whistles.

Finally there is Chatterbox, which is a POS.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the Blue Ant system has two "channels," but unlike the Scala system which will automatically click over if you get a phone call if you set it up so that your phone is on the "primary channel," if you are using the system in "intercom mode," the ONLY way to access the second device/channel is to manually switch to it.

In other words, you have two channels

In your case, channel ONE may be for your phone

Channel TWO would be linking the two Blue Ant devices so you can use them as an intercom (that links when you hold the BIG button down for 3 seconds and the blue led flashes faster)

If you want to use the headset with your phone, you'd have to be on "channel one" but could NOT use it as an intercom.

If you wanted to use it as an intercom, you'd have to be on "channel two," and if an incoming call came in, you'd have to hurry up and switch over to "channel one" before the call ended.

If you used channel one for your gps and channel two for intercom, you'd have to switch off your passenger to listen to gps directions (not necessarily a bad thing...lol), then switch back to talk again.

I like the blue ant system because the volume is better than the first gen scala system (haven't used the S2 yet), but this functionality is a pain in the ass compared to the scala.

If you have many hundreds of dollars, then go with the high end.

Hope this helped, if you need advice, message me and I'll do my best

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advise.
I'll give this a shot as it's pretty small $$'s and if I like the idea of talking to the wife while she is behind me, :crazy: perhaps I'll upgrade to allow the GPS to automatically cut off her conversation. :histerica

1 - 4 of 4 Posts