BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100 million people, millions of cattle, 2,000 miles long and countless crops being affected by the "Blizzard of 2011.

B Careful and stay SAFE if you are in the affected areas!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
We got a foot of snow here in OKC. Temp is down to six degrees and about a -20 windchill..

I got out and dug out the man cave and spent some time in there..

Too cold to stay out for very long...

Take care everyone..

John

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
15° and dropping at my temporary residence in Texas. Enough ice out there that I left the bike parked and hitched a ride in to work with a friend. Not expected to get above freezing until maybe Friday . . .

Meanwhile it's been in the Sixties and beautiful back home in sunny SoCal. :cool:

I don't know how some of y'all live in this stuff for months on end . . . :confused:

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
meese said:
15° and dropping at my temporary residence in Texas. Enough ice out there that I left the bike parked and hitched a ride in to work with a friend. Not expected to get above freezing until maybe Friday . . .

Meanwhile it's been in the Sixties and beautiful back home in sunny SoCal. :cool:

I don't know how some of y'all live in this stuff for months on end . . . :confused:
....and in the 80's on weekends! :eek: Talk about polar (ok bad choice of words :D ) opposites? We're in shorts and sandals while huge portions of the country are freezing.
:confused:

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
Don't worry, it'll blow over in a day or two . . .

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
sheesh... whats going on out there...
This about to hit Queensland in north-east Australia at midnight tonight, category 5 cyclone (almost as big as Katrina was)

CLICK

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
meese said:

Just finished plowing the driveway. -12c here, they haven't plowed the road yet so we'll stay inside till they do. Only about 4" snow so far, but wind and drifting.

Garry

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Minor ice storm here but dangerous enough to close my school district! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cws said:
sheesh... whats going on out there...
This about to hit Queensland in north-east Australia at midnight tonight, category 5 cyclone (almost as big as Katrina was)

CLICK

Holy Shite - that's gonna HURT

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Chris;
Batten 'er down and ride it out if you can........B-Safe..............-32 F here this morning......traffics light............most folks trying to start gelled up diesels.......... :cool:

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
Palerider said:
Batten 'er down and ride it out if you can...
:histerica Well, that's pretty much the only thing you can do. :histerica

As for the current Wyoming conditions, I'm sorry, temps just shouldn't ever go negative, on either scale. That's just wrong.

Be safe y'all . . .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tulsa, Oklahoma

14 inches 12 hours
record for 1 day
record snowfall for year

20 mile north of us 21 inches of snow

we will not dig out for a couple of days

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Meanwhile in Southern Kommyfornia, it's sunny, windy and short-sleeve warm. :eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I apologize in advance for the following comment.
I would rather be cold in Kentucky than warm in Kommyfornia.
Been there. Crazy place.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Damn, I'm going to have to get the heat lamps out tonight to keep my two 8 feet tall Euphorbia from turning into popsicles. (19F projected low which will be a record for the date)

Within two months everyone in Tucson will be whining about how freakin' hot it is for late March. :rolleyes:

This is hard to believe but EVERYONE runs around here with their car windows rolled up tight and air conditioning on full blast when it gets to 75F. :abduct:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Wind, snow, ice. Blizzard conditions. 2000 miles. 30 states. 100 million people. Worst storm in 50 years. State of emergency. Natural Disaster.
In Maine, my relatives there just call it: Wednesday......

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,172 Posts
DanMartin said:
We are having rolling blackouts in Houston. 30 min/2 hr

DanMartin
Our Plano office also had rolling blackouts and was out of power for 45 minutes. Streets are iced and my staff there is working from home today.
Be safe out there!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,172 Posts
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by meese
Enough ice out there that I left the bike parked and hitched a ride in to work with a friend. Not expected to get above freezing until maybe Friday . . .

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

RonKMiller said:
You know it! :rotf:
I don't think Ken even owns a car...:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts