BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just had my 05 LT delivered.

When I start her up, a blinking Brake Failure light goes off, and does not turn off. I have read about "canbus", could this be electrical? The pads look good....

Opinions?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just sitting still or driving?
Sitting still is normal for ABS to blink TOGETHER. The computer is waiting for wheel movement...
WIG-WAG-check your brake fluid levels.....

more details please...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, went back and checked again.

Started and ran for 5 minutes, sitting. "brake failure" light kept flashing. No abs lights.

Drove, and lights stopped flashing (turned off)

Turned off bike, and everything repeated

????????

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Everything is normal...the brake light flashes during the test until it senses wheel movement. As long as the light goes out after you start to roll everything is fine.

The LT is not canbus also.

Ron

·
Registered
498 Posts
kellenbenz said:
Everything is normal...the brake light flashes during the test until it senses wheel movement. As long as the light goes out after you start to roll everything is fine.

Ron
+1
Deep breaths, eyes closed, goosfraben......

Now ride like you stole her!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kellenbenz said:

Ron

What bonehead engineer in Germany thought it would be a good idea to flash Brake Failure, until you started to move a bike? Eeesh.....

Many thanks for the sanity.....

Paul

·
Registered
498 Posts
Drakba said:
What bonehead engineer in Germany thought it would be a good idea to flash Brake Failure, until you started to move a bike? Eeesh.....

Many thanks for the sanity.....

Paul
I guess the one that wants you to know that your ABS system is functioning properly, and has run through a system self check every time before you ride.
If the little flashing ABS lights make you crazy, I can't wait to see your future posts! :D
I see lots of 'Search' work in your future. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.