BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I change mine when it drops below the middle of the site glass, I think I may switch to sythetic next time cause the blinker signal flashes too slow with dino oil when its cold.

r

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're getting the LT ready for our road trip and I just want to do the right thing, so thanks for the help! I think I'll synchronize the foot pegs and from what I've heard I need to put some WD-40 on the chain.

Now where is that darn chain?

·
Registered
576 Posts
DanDiver said:
It's ok to skip the blinker fluids from time to time, but don't ever forget to rotate your tires.
Naughty. You're going to cause someone to fail inspection.

And don't forget, the muffler bearings are whitworth thread.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
I faithfully (OK, sometimes) change the blinker fluid every time I service the turbo encabulator. Doing things together like that makes it easy to not forget one of them.

One less thing, you know?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I go through an awful lot of windshield washer blades. When will BMW step up to the plate and admit there's a problem and correct it?

·
Registered
576 Posts
hschisler said:
I faithfully (OK, sometimes) change the blinker fluid every time I service the turbo encabulator. Doing things together like that makes it easy to not forget one of them.

One less thing, you know?

Honestly (and YMMV, IMHO) You're just pissing away your money. Blinker fluid became a 'lifetime' supply with the Turbo Encabulator. It was the _Retro_ encabulator that needed a periodic band-flush through the bypass.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Rocketsled said:
Honestly (and YMMV, IMHO) You're just pissing away your money. Blinker fluid became a 'lifetime' supply with the Turbo Encabulator. It was the _Retro_ encabulator that needed a periodic band-flush through the bypass.
Why am I always the last one to know about these things?!?

The same thing happened with the ozone depleter on my '05 LT. I paid - out of pocket - for a new slave cylinder, only to find out it had been part of a recall for that model year. If I had known about that I would have sprung for the optional heavy-duty clutch belt. This really peeves me...

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
I remember the old joke about adjusting the "butterfly valves" back in high school. Imagine my surprise last week when a friend was installing a new exhaust can on a Suzuki sport bike and we found a butterfly valve in the exhaust tube. No kiddin.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
I remember the old joke about adjusting the "butterfly valves" back in high school. Imagine my surprise last week when a friend was installing a new exhaust can on a Suzuki sport bike and we found a butterfly valve in the exhaust tube. No kiddin.
So, How much fluid is that going to take..........? ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another very important spring maintenance.....change the air in your tires. Stale winter air can be very bad for them.

JD

(When I was in the service at a state side base a friend worked weekends at a local gas station. One spring day an old lady came in and wanted the air changed in her tires. He laughed, she got indignant...kept insisting.... and finally he changed the air in her tires and charged her $10)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Roamrider said:
Another very important spring maintenance.....change the air in your tires. Stale winter air can be very bad for them.

JD

(When I was in the service at a state side base a friend worked weekends at a local gas station. One spring day an old lady came in and wanted the air changed in her tires. He laughed, she got indignant...kept insisting.... and finally he changed the air in her tires and charged her $10)
Sounds like a good investment to me.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Don't forget to order the Royal Orange color so that it meets the legal requirements of your state.
:bmw:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Re: Blinker fluid - MOVE TO ALT FORUM?

Guessing this should go to HUMOUR or ChitChat?

Not saying it is not funny, it sure is, but...

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,182 Posts
Does anyone else drain their spark plugs or is it no longer required on the 05?

I also take my shocks out for Spring cleaning.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sure it's funny, but if I need to change the blinker fluid on my LT, I'd be searching this forum and not the funny pages. Now knowing that I shouldn't use the green stuff and should be looking for the orange makes me sure feel better about the whole situation.

I was planning on doing some work that required removing the tupperware, so draining the spark plugs is now on my to-do-list for this weekend.

Anyone know where the chain is that I'm supposed to lubricate with WD-40? That one has me stumped.

With the winter/summer air change. Since I'm going to the smokey mountains, I could really use some advice on air. I've been told the higher you go the harder it gets, but I'm not exactly sure what the context was supposed to be...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts