BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

looking for a solution to the blinding glare that comes off the instrument panel when the sun is behind us. I don't know if its the angle the plexi screen protector is at or the material used but not only can't I see any of the dash info but the actual glare is blinding. Much like when you get the sun directly in your rear view mirrors, just not good at all. Has anyone tried a tinted or smoke color overlay? any ideas??

Thanks,
Baitweller:nerd:

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
Hello everyone,

looking for a solution to the blinding glare that comes off the instrument panel when the sun is behind us. I don't know if its the angle the plexi screen protector is at or the material used but not only can't I see any of the dash info but the actual glare is blinding. Much like when you get the sun directly in your rear view mirrors, just not good at all. Has anyone tried a tinted or smoke color overlay? any ideas??

Thanks,
Baitweller:nerd:
I have the same problem occasionally also, and glare from my green jacket is a problem when the sun is in front of me. I generally just hold up my hand to block the sun so I can read the dash or the GPS. It sure would be nice of BMW would use a real glass cover with an antireflection coating. Corning Gorilla glass would be perfect. OK, I’m a little biased towards my former employer, but real glass will dramatically outperform plastic both in glare management and also in scratch resistance and UV resistance.

I also get a lot of glare on my windshield from the dash top, handlebar covers and stingray. I have been tempted to paint the top of the tupperware flat black, but not sure I’d like that as a permanent look. Maybe need to look for some flat black vinyl to apply.

·
Registered
710 Posts
There used to be an accessory tray that sat over the IP to hold things like GPS and radar detector. I forget what it was called but it did a good job of shading the glare off the cluster.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There used to be an accessory tray that sat over the IP to hold things like GPS and radar detector. I forget what it was called but it did a good job of shading the glare off the cluster.
This Thing

LOL, OK, just saw that the bike is not an RT but an LT. Still, that's the site.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,907 Posts
There was a similar shelf for the LT but neither one will help when the sun is behind your head and the dash puts the sun in your eyes.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If you do a search "anti glare film" you will find a list of brand name products that look like they will do the job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys, just caught up with my inquire and all the reply's. Thank you all as I will try the FILM first and see how that works. I always want to thank everyone that pipes-in suggestions and comments.

Thanks,
MV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts