BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afte replacing brake lines the ABS is bled but having trouble getting fluid to calipers. Any ideas?:)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Reactions: beech

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I need to start putting the yr of my bike in my posts. Sorry! I guess my question is, do I need to have all the lines replaced before bleeding? I was trying to bleed the front before moving to replacing the back. As I’m writing this with needing to bleed the ABS first maybe the back should probably be done first to?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
You do not need to bleed anything until you replace a line and let air into the system. The fronts are separate from the rear so don't even mess with them unless you are flushing new fluid. If that is the case it is not a bleed but rather an exchange of fluid.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
I guess I need to start putting the yr of my bike in my posts. Sorry! I guess my question is, do I need to have all the lines replaced before bleeding? I was trying to bleed the front before moving to replacing the back. As I’m writing this with needing to bleed the ABS first maybe the back should probably be done first to?
Yes, it helps to place such info in your signature. Many things are model year, or at least model year range dependent.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all for posting and helping me. I just finished bleeding the brakes and tomorrow I will put the seat on and test. But wow just pulling on the front brake. It’s so much more responsive and right there. Really glad it popped now before I hook up my new trailer and hit the road:)). Thanks again for all the help:))))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts