BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in the middle of a major service to prepare for my trip to Russia next June. A fellow member asked on a previous post was I aware of the work involved in bleeding the big K. Well I have the factory manual and I am intending to have a go.

So far, the main problem I have is the mention in the manual of the bleed nipple that I have to use on the right hand side. The manual states that I must remove a grub screw and insert a bleed tool. It even states that the hose must be attached as once the bleed nipple is opened, fluid will start to emmit from the caliper.

My question is, where will I get this bleed nipple? Is it an ordinary nipple or is is something special. Motobins do not sell it, BMW parts do not have it listed either, my local dealer thought that it is a workshop tool and because I am a member of the public, I am not allowed to purchase it (sounds ridiculous to me).

I am now wondering whether it is just a standard nipple like is used else where.

Finally, any other suggestions or hints on the brake bleeding process?

Thanks Guys,

Will any of you be in mid europe in the last week in June, if so, fancy meeting for a beer and a meal?

Mark in Ireland.

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
Have you seen this article?

Also Jerrod is right, what year is your bike, or more importantly what do your brake calipers say? If your calipers say Brembo, then you have the standard ABS ('99-'01 bikes) which are bled like any other brake system. If the calipers say BMW then you have the Integral ABS ('02-'06), so the procedure linked above applies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts