BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I got my first pairs of progressive lens bifocals. I had been wearing contact lenses, the one for distance and one for close kind. My primary glasses have transitions lenses. Yes I know they don't change in cars but they change nicely while riding, even behind a clear faceshield. My 2nd pair on the BOGO deal was sunglasses. The sunglasses have polarized lenses. I've worn polarized before so know biggie. My wife convinced me to try them on the bike. So today to gas up for a trip I used them. BLAH! I knew about the chance of washing out LCD screens. But rainbow effect of the faceshield , the windshield, and anything LCD was distracting. It even changed depending on the part of the progressive lens I looked through.

No polarized for me thank you. I'll stick with my transitions or non-polarized.

BTW I love the polarized in the car or on the water.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
BTW I love the polarized in the car or on the water
+1

Hi , I too have some polarized sun glasses . I have had them for years . I use to use them for trout fishing , but I quite fishing a long time ago . Now I mostly use them now on long car or in the motorhome . They are great on cutting down glare off the water ,& are helpfully in snow too . I haven't used them much on my motorcycles . I use a few schubert helmets on my different motorcycles . They have built in sun shade things , so I'm good on the motorcycle .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts