BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home had my shades on started a turn from a main street to a side street ... whoooooos diesel fuel from ( I assume ) and earlier wreck back tire slid right I turned into the slide and rode the ceter stand peg about 20 feet... minor scratch on the rubber.... increased pulse rate... :rotf:

couldnt get the bike back up since I was slip sliding on the fuel... friendly cager helped me right it and off I went into the sunset....

I have to say she went down gracefully and with style and took care of me in the process :dance:

Bike 4 ride 0 ... :histerica

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Jerry,
Sorry you went slippin and sliding, Glad you had the talent to keep yourself safe. A good example of expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
47 Posts
gaghai said:
I was on my way home had my shades on started a turn from a main street to a side street ... whoooooos diesel fuel from ( I assume ) and earlier wreck back tire slid right I turned into the slide and rode the ceter stand peg about 20 feet... minor scratch on the rubber.... increased pulse rate... :rotf:

couldnt get the bike back up since I was slip sliding on the fuel... friendly cager helped me right it and off I went into the sunset....

I have to say she went down gracefully and with style and took care of me in the process :dance:

Bike 4 ride 0 ... :histerica
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I was heading into an on ramp and swerved around a car a bit aggressively and my rear end broke loose and shot WAY out. I was grinding my peg and center stand hard, but I just stayed on the throttle while turning into the slide and some how managed to recover. I banged my shin pretty hard leaving a nice bloody scrape, but otherwise I was lucky. I thought i was going down for sure. I've broken traction on my rear a few times before, but never so violently as what happened this morning. Tomorrow I'm going to check out that on ramp to see if there was some oil there and also check my skid marks. Time to slow'er down I guess.

Nathan
San Francisco, CA
'00 K1200LT
'08 Concours 14 ABS

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Better check your clothing for skid marks,

Glad y'all are Ok.
Bob

·
Registered
175 Posts
Maybe he thought he was on the Concours!

Sounds like you had a good save Nathan...glad to hear you stayed up!
Hate to hijak, but I'm with Grif---I'm thinking the new Kaw would be an excellent addition, I've been watching this thing from early on. I was just getting ready to buy a used Blackbird or Busa, now I think I really want the C14... tell my wife I'm right.

·
Registered
783 Posts
nswenson said:
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I was heading into an on ramp and swerved around a car a bit aggressively and my rear end broke loose and shot WAY out. I was grinding my peg and center stand hard, but I just stayed on the throttle while turning into the slide and some how managed to recover.
I want to know, was it the concourse or the LT?

Good job handling the bikes guys. I hate it when your rear kicks out on you. With all the torque on that back wheel, it doesn't take much road debris to make it happen, especially if you're used to using the power as it was intended.

·
Registered
47 Posts
alanforn said:
Maybe he thought he was on the Concours!
You know, I think that had something to do with it. I'd been riding the C14 for last few weeks and the 2 bikes are so different. The LT gives you the sense that you're riding slower than you really are combined with huge steering leverage that makes it very easy to throw that beast around pretty aggressively. I was simply riding too aggressively with full throttle, swerving around a car while on a curving on-ramp and hit a patch of polished concrete. I couldn't find any evidence of oil on the road. Yeah, I know, I was being stupid. I often ride the LT like a sport bike, grinding off my peg ends. In this situation I should have used just a wee bit more caution.

Nathan
San Francisco, CA
'00 K1200LT
'08 Concours 14 ABS

·
Registered
175 Posts
nswenson said:
I'd been riding the C14 for last few weeks and the 2 bikes are so different.

Please, please give me your thoughts on the the Concours from an LT owners perspective. I'm seriously considering buying one.

In an effort not to hijack this thread, feel free to PM me with your thoughts if so inclined
Thanks----Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts