BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously!!

I have a room at the hotel that I have not cancelled (Tuesday through Saturday night) and a CCR Reservation / breakfast / boat trip.

If anyone is interested, give me a call and we can work out the details. 813 267 8181

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Sorry you aren't going to be able to join us. I've already got a room and a reservation but waiting on the rest of the story....

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm typing with my left hand bandaged up till they are sure there is no more infection. Then maybe sutures or just a heavy bandage for a while. It was a large grouper, about 25lbs.

He probably though my hand was bait. Really nailed it!.

I been diving with the sharks for years and never a scratch.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Must be more then a little bite, but hope it's not too serious.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Dang!

Sorry to hear that you will not be making CCR this year.

Take care of that hand.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,182 Posts
Sorry to hear you got hurt Dano!:(
Heal fast!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Dan,

I have been watching shark week on discovery channel, hope it's nothing like what I saw. Good luck, heal well! :wave

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
DanDiver said:
I'm typing with my left hand bandaged up till they are sure there is no more infection. Then maybe sutures or just a heavy bandage for a while. It was a large grouper, about 25lbs.

He probably though my hand was bait. Really nailed it!.

I been diving with the sharks for years and never a scratch.
Will a grouper make a good meal on the BBQ spit?? :D

Heal well, Dano. Got to believe the aquarium has good med staff on duty!

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Could have been worse.
Could have been a Groupie and not a Grouper.
Imagine THAT infection.
Heal well.

Hey.......... maybe I can ride down and keep that 1600 lubed up until you heal. I promise I'll bring it back. In fact I'll leave my LT for collateral.

No????? Well........... once bitten twice shy.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Dan,

I was certainly looking forward to meeting you and maybe even getting some riding in. Hope you heal quickly. There will be other CCRs.

All the best,
Jer

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Same here, Dan - I was looking forward to meeting you. It seems our fortunes have flipped - you were planning on going and now can't. I was not planning on going and now I am.

Maybe you'll get a prize for the most unusual cancellation story. :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
hschisler said:
Maybe you'll get a prize for the most unusual cancellation story. :)
A prize? :wtf:

Doesn't everyone know they are supposed to be super careful the days leading up to CCR?

Seriously - we'll miss you - get better quick - see you next year - you'll have a long ride ahead of you. ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
The story sounds fishy to me!

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This was a major disappointment as I was really looking forward to meeting many you. Also getting out of town during the RNC was a bonus..

Yesterday, I had been in the tank for over an hour with several large groupers just hanging around. I was doing maintenance work and had taken off all of the gear and was getting ready to climb out. The grouper must have been just watching because as soon as my hand went under the water, he struck.

Some friends have talked about a new fishing lure in the shape of my hand!

Nice thing about the clutch of the K1600 is that it is possible to operate it with the two far fingers of the left hand for at least 20 miles or so. Getting home from the aquarium really was a PITA. No one close enough who could ride my bike home and I couldn't leave it there.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,182 Posts
HarleyBrad08 said:
see you next year - you'll have a long ride ahead of you. ;)
Does it mean next CCR is in Anchorage? ;) :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dan,
Sorry I missed this thread earlier...not going to CCR so hadn't been watching those threads closely. Really sorry about your hand...and sorry about CCR, because I know you'd been looking forward to it.

Wish I could take you up on your spot, but I can't work in another long trip this soon.
Jim

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Sorry to hear you can’t make it this year. I was looking forward to finally getting to meet you. You might want to reconsider your career choice and opt for something a little safer that you enjoy like – jumping out of perfectly safe airplanes. Nobody here accusing you of being the risk aversion type.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.