BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone traveling to NC for the rally in June at Biltmore?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
My wife and I are planning on being on the grounds Saturday 6/9. There was an earlier post to check interest by forum members in a get together, didn't get much air time.

Let's try again.

Anyone like to try a place and time meet at the RA rally? Maybe even in Asheville if not wanting to pay the price of admission to the Biltmore property.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
ltcanup said:
From what I heard on the last Biltmore get-together ,things didnt go so well.
What does that mean?
I've pre-registered.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My wife and I are going. As far as "the last time" comment goes, that was not a national club rally. (and it basically fell apart but was sort of held anyways)

The RA rally will be excellent.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My wife and I are going too. So are a lot of people from our local Cleveland BMW Club. If you go to the RA site you will see that are a lot of preperations going on and it should be an excellent rally. Price is right for three days of unlimited access to the estate and a major BMW rally.

Post a place and time for a get together and we'll try to attend.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
ltcanup said:
From what I heard on the last Biltmore get-together ,things didnt go so well.
What he is referring to is an event put on by BMW NA not BMW RA. In my experience BMW RA does an excellent job and I'll withhold comment on BMW NA :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
My wife and I are planning on being there along with several friends from Indiana. We will be camping on the grounds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We will be arriving on Thursday. We are meeting up with the Chromeheads on Saturday morning but we may be able to get together with the LT group if someone recommends a place and time.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Kinda tough to come up with a good meet place. Let me throw this out there.

How about 4 PM Saturday 6/9 at the outdoor Bistro diner at the winery on the property. It's a nice place for some hor'dourves. May even be some music. For those not familiar with the winery area, see the RA map http://www.bmwra.org/rally/arrive.html
for location. Depending on where they're parking bikes you walk right past the outdoor bistro area on the way to the winery gift shop.

I'll have on my Motorrad ball cap and CCR '06 shirt.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
bowlesj said:

How about 4 PM Saturday 6/9 at the outdoor Bistro diner at the winery on the property. It's a nice place for some hor'dourves. May even be some music. For those not familiar with the winery area, see the RA map http://www.bmwra.org/rally/arrive.html
for location. Depending on where they're parking bikes you walk right past the outdoor bistro area on the way to the winery gift shop.

I'll look for you. I'll bring my pet bull (Avatar)!

·
Registered
269 Posts
My wife and I will be camping on the grounds. Sounds like it will be a good time. We will be arriving Wednesday evening for S. Florida.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
As I understand it, some folks from the Biltmore tried to pull off a rally and called at BMW rally without any idea of what they were doing and without any BMW support. With BMW RA putting on the rally, just go and have a good time. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Steve_R said:
As I understand it, some folks from the Biltmore tried to pull off a rally and called at BMW rally without any idea of what they were doing and without any BMW support. With BMW RA putting on the rally, just go and have a good time. You won't regret it.
What happened was that BMW NA :( decided to put on a rally at the Biltmore and pretty late in the game they pulled out and instead of cancelling altogether, the Biltmore folks held it on their own. I'm not sure what happened but there were no vendors present. Considering they knew nothing about motorcycle rallies I think they did a pretty good job. It rained nearly the entire time and that didn't help either.

The weather looks good for this trip and we are looking forward to going. See you there!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
bowlesj said:

Sounds like a plan. I will have on a Blue Motorrad hat and some sort of BMW T-shirt. (that should REALLY make me stand out!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'll be there Wednesday.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll be there with the wife and 2 kids. She rides a black Harley Sportster. Looking forward to a fun weekend. Don't forget to make a trip to Maggie Valley to visit the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum. My daughter and I were there a couple of months ago and it is a really cool place. You smell gas and oil as soon as you enter!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh well

Hello everyone,
When I posted this thread, I had planned to attend the rally in Asheville, however I have had to change my planes. My son's 21st birthday is on Thursday and because he is in summer school, we can't celebrate until Saturday. Have a great weekend and maybe our paths will cross again.
Be safe................ :bmw:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just For A Day

What does it cost to stop by and check out the vendors? I may just swing up for the day on Friday and not camp but would like to check out the vendors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts