BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody:

Who's planning to go to Daytona for Biketoberfest. I'm planning to ride up from Miami on Friday of this week and return on Sunday. I'll staying with friends at the Hampton Inn in Lake Mary, FL, about 35 mi. from Daytona. Hope to see some of you around.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Wilma doesn't ruin the weekend, I plan on riding back on Sunday and stopping by my godson's house in Melbourne on the way.

If anybody would like to meet up for lunch on Sat, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all:
Heading down from N. E. Pennsylvania. Will be leaving tomorow (Wednesday ) morning and hopefully be down in Florida Thursday evening . A friend of mine is flying in from Sask. Canada for this trip. He will be using my LTC and I'll be on the Goldwing !! We'll be staying near Inverness for a few days. Will be at the 'fest either on Friday or Saturday ...depending on the weather.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it! I'm installing a WS wiper and hurricane shutters on the bike!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, I wanted to check out the new rain gear I bought at the RA rally a couple of weeks ago.

Am still planning on going unless Wilma comes farther north than expected. Tracks
show coming across south Florida but it is still too early to tell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Keys are being evacuated as we speak:mad: . All non residents are asked to leave already. So much for fishing as my clients are going too:( . Biketoberfest is going to be a rain event and I will be watch the palmtrees sway in the wind while sipping on rumrunners;) . What else can you do but celebrate huricane party # 21???

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disappointed

Although I still have a glimmer of hope, it's looking like Biketoberfest is going to be a wash...literally. After requesting the time off six months ago and making hotel reservations over a month ago, it's not pleasant to see it all go to waste. If the storm heads elsewhere, I'll make the trip, but if it is coming to Florida, I won't be going anywhere. Can't leave the family alone to fend for themselves in a hurricane. Things happen for a reason, so I'll let God decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts