BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening to all, I just finished installing a set of Piaa's and Motolights along with two Auto switches. I decided not to connect the Motolights to the Autoswitch but have them turn on after ignition that works fine. I installed both led's in the little square on the left dash panel and the one I connected to the Piaa's lights up red when ignition is turned on so thats o'k. I'll use the other Autoswitch for something else later. Put everything back together started the bike Motolights come on hit the turn signal cancel button and the Piaa's don't light and the right t/s won't flash. repeated this a couple more times.After thinking over my install every thing appeared to be o'k so I tried to start the bike again and now it won't turn over, battery checks out o'k but nothing happens when I try to start it.Anyone have any suggestions. I would be most appreciative.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
Most likely culprit would be the kill switch since you played with the handlebars...
Next, check to see if the bike is in reverse.
Then make sure you are not in gear with the sidestand deployed.
I would also check all battery connections since you've added stuff at the terminals...

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Bike wont start

Mine would'nt start one day,but all lights ect worked well and the battery seemed fine,I called BMW assist and the engineer told me to put the battery on charge for 30 mins, not jump start.I did and she fired up and purred like a kitten.Apparently if the battery voltage drops below a certain point the bikes systems shuts down to prevent damage. With you testing lights with no engine running, you may have drained the battery enough to cause this effect. May be worth a try. My LT is an 2005.

Dean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts