BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED HELP!! Ok I was replacing the tranny output seal as well as the slave cylinder seal and drilled the weep hole. I took the exhaust off to get better access. To ensure I had a good seal and not an improper depth with my tranny seal I put the exhaust back on only used bolts on the front and rear flanges cylinder 1 and 4 and put the o2 sensor back in and started it. I changed the fuel filter so I poured a small amount of fuel back in beofore I started it.. I left the gas cap off.. it started with a few more turns than usual and I left it run for at least 15 min. It died while idling and now I cannot get it to fire. Any ideas? My quick disconnect fuel couplers have fuel I put enough gas in to get rid of the low fuel light. I've cranked cranked but not even a pop. Any advise will more then greatly be appreciated!

Thank you!

Trevor

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Since you changed the fuel filter, check and see if one of the hoses either slipped off or split. That is a not so common issue, but does happen. You may be able to shine a flash light in the gas tank and turn the key on, if you see or hear fuel sloshing you know it is one of the hoses.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Check if one of the rubber boots on the throttle body got loose or even out of place when you lowered the engine to remove the transmission. This could create a big air leak and not allow the engine to run or even start.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Your in tank hose likely came off or split. That or your pressure side QD came loose. I would bet money on it, but not much.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it on the head. A crappy clamp was the culprit and she spit the line off the filter!

Thanks a million!

Trevor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts