BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my bike parked for about a month now due to cold weather on the centerstand. I started it yesterday and it acted as if it was missing. Once it got warmed up she was smooth. Is this stumbling normal when a bike sits for a while?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
BMWK1200LT said:
I have had my bike parked for about a month now due to cold weather on the centerstand. I started it yesterday and it acted as if it was missing. Once it got warmed up she was smooth. Is this stumbling normal when a bike sits for a while?
Hi, Erv -

Not knowing what model year your LT is, I'll refer you to this technical post for instructions on resetting the Motronic so that it can re-learn the engine mapping, etc. While this works specifically for the times when the battery has been disconnected, it will also work if you pull the *Motronic control unit/relay* 15A fuse for 15-20 minutes and then follow the TPS reset procedure after reinserting the fuse. Most times, one needs to ride around the block a few times after this procedure, in order for the Motronic to do it's thing. Good luck and let us know how it went.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. The battery has never been disconnected and the bike is always on a battery tender. It is a 2009 K1200 LT.

·
Registered
444 Posts
BMWK1200LT said:

My '06 did the same thing once, turned out she was a little low on oil, I added oil and all was fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got an 03 (33k) that I had to let sit for a week due to snow and ice on the roads, on the side-stand due to space limitations, in an open/unheated garage. After starting up on the center-stand it smoked for a few long minutes while the oil cleared out of the cylinders (parked on the side-stand, remember) and experienced a miss for a few more minutes until it warmed up and I rode it around the block. No miss or stumble. Proceeded to run about 60 miles at highway speeds and then around town on errands for an hour or two. Just cold I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts