BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long fitted Ohlins front and rear to the bike. Took the battery out at the same time to clean and charge. Put back together, got lights, instruments, pump primes when ignition is on , got headlights, indicators, horn which sounds nice and loud BUT, despite the engine turning over well and with fuel in the tank, it won't start. No coughs, splutters or any sign that it is trying to ignite the fuel/ air mix. Quick look under the seat doesn't show anything undone so at a real loss as to what is wrong. Supply lead to distributor? Fuse( thought not as the pump primes and this and the Motronic are on the same fuse?)

Has been in my dry garage and on a battery tender. Alarm light not flashing (tested by putting alarm on and tried to start bike) so cannot think what is amiss. Any ideas anyone????

Bob

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I'd check to make sure you got ALL the wires back on the battery first.

Then I'd check the fuel tank for gas movement when the pump excites. (should be no swirling in there) if so then a hose either has popped off or has a slit in it.

Good luck, as those 2 are the easy fix.:bmw:

Reactions: Patric

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
So she cranks but no fire. You had the tank off - did you get the QD's snapped together tightly? If not they are a closed door to fuel flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts