BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really didn't think that I would sell her so quickly, but now my K1200LT has a new home. Thinking that it might take a month or so, I put an ad in the Cycle Trader and Craig's list less than two weeks ago and now she is gone! The new owner of the bike just left me with an empty garage.

I'm really starting to have sellers remorse! I owned the bike for about 8 years, longer than any I've ever owned.

Now I have to wait for the 385th Grey K1600GTL to arrive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,571 Posts
I know the feeling... Watching someone else ride away on your bike. Just keep reminding yourself (other than, "Damn, it sold so quickly.. was the price too low??") that you'll soon have one sweet new ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
Just got an email from bmw, stating # 300 and up wont be delivered till december. Sorry dude.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Dan,

I took a demo ride on a GTL saturday, so I am really really trying to feel sorry for you. :histerica
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sheldan2 said:
Just got an email from bmw, stating # 300 and up wont be delivered till december. Sorry dude.
Can't wait till December. I'll have another K1200LT in the meantime. Saw a few in this classified!

A buddy of mine in WV is number 35 and just got a call from the dealer in Greensboro NC with his VIN number.

December, Naaaaaaaaaa ain't gona wait that long!
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
Congrats Dan I listed my bike on Monday & got the call tonight. She is going to a friend so I have visitation rights. :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,339 Posts
sheldan2 said:
Just got an email from bmw, stating # 300 and up wont be delivered till december. Sorry dude.
Did you dig up some of the rusty Mason jars in the back 40? When did you place the order? If you posted the details of the order, I missed it. I don't normally check the K1600 section due to bike envy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
Cant let all the secrets out Lee, Jack said he took delivery of his tonight, got the demo model over at Charlotte. Figures. Some people have all the luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
Dan, you scurvy dog! Guess this means no purty Toscana Green skins for old Loren! Congrats on selling so quickly. So when are you REALLY expecting your K1600 to be delivered?

Loren
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wa1200lt said:
Dan, you scurvy dog! Guess this means no purty Toscana Green skins for old Loren! Congrats on selling so quickly. So when are you REALLY expecting your K1600 to be delivered?

Loren
I really don't know. I'm number 385 and that is anyone's guess. If it really looks like it might be DECEMBER, well than, I'll probably pick up something in the mean time. Dealer said most likely though, some time in early June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
That is good news Dano, ( I guess). Looks like LTs don't last long on the market. I predicted that they would be very popular since they aren't made anymore. Maybe you shoulda put a higher price on it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Dan, no offense Sir, but I don't understand why anyone would sell the bike that they own before the new one comes in. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Maybe he got a couple thousand more than he thought he'd get. On the other hand, you could put your name in on a new Super Tenere! I hear theyy are to arrive in November :)

I'm thinking about buying on the end of the year, ready for something different
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,458 Posts
I think Dano, and katnapinn, were both pretty smart to list their LTs now, and sell 'em before more and more used LTs come on the market. Just since early May, and just on this forum's classified pages, there have been 11 or 12 LTs listed for sale. Doesn't count Cycle Trader, eBay, Craigslist, etc. I'd prolly have to give ole Toad away, if we decided to part company this year. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Dick said:
I think Dano, and katnapinn, were both pretty smart to list their LTs now, and sell 'em before more and more used LTs come on the market. Just since early May, and just on this forum's classified pages, there have been 11 or 12 LTs listed for sale. Doesn't count Cycle Trader, eBay, Craigslist, etc. I'd prolly have to give ole Toad away, if we decided to part company this year. :(
Would you give them a discount for having to figure out how to get it off the lift Dick? :histerica :rotf: :histerica :rotf:
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,458 Posts
casualemt said:
Would you give them a discount for having to figure out how to get it off the lift Dick? :histerica :rotf: :histerica :rotf:
Shhhhhhh, Rich. It'd be one of those - as is, WHERE is deals!! :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,080 Posts
I will take that deal on old toad....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Hi Dan , if it comes June or December ,... Ether way you will have some new wheels to check out at a RTE next winter :bike:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
DanDiver said:
I really didn't think that I would sell her so quickly,
Damn....It must suck to be you
DanDiver said:
Now I have to wait for the 385th Grey K1600GTL to arrive.
but only for a little while! :)
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top