BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the bike back with a new clutch. It's MUCH faster and lighter-feeling now that I have $1700 less to carry in my wallet.

Anyway the CC won't engage. I can take it back to the shop, of course, and they will fix it, but thought I'd ask about some obvious things I might check that would be quicker than another shop trip.

The clutch switch sounds normal (can hear it click). I haven't done an electrical test on it yet. Brake lights aren't stuck on. The speedo and the trip computer both work normally. ABS isn't complaining.

When I press the button to set the CC, nothing happens. No light, no action. It was working perfectly before I took the bike in for the clutch.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the CC diagnostic and tried it. It fails on number 5, rotate the throttle to full. That does nothing (should turn on the light). So am I right that it's most likely to be that the microswitch on the throttle valve is not connected? IE, take the bike apart again to get to it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well WTF...I took it for a ride, and just after a short full-throttle run, decided to play with the switch. It worked. Is it possible the shop just failed to do the TPS calibration after having the battery off? Now I'm confused. But it worked fine for many miles and on/off cycles.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Ever have the throttle cable changed? Upgraded? it may be time. Mine went intermittent on me and the CC stopped working in the cold until I got the throttle cable upgrade. Just a thought.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
You probably just "pulled" the cables back into alignment. Routing is critical on re-assembly after a clutch job. Cycling them from full on to past off most likely did it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts