BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a coffee today, while standing in line to order somebody comes running up to me and says your bike has been pushed over. I came out and the bike is lying on the ground. Good news is that the damage is limited to paint on both bags and the driver stayed at the scene and I imagine the fix will be quick and easy. I will take the bags to the dealer on Tuesday and find out what to do next. The engine protector did it's job, will need a little paint. The car that hit it has a dent in it as well.

Gerhard

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hmmmmm......they were mating? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Most people will probably get a pre-painted replacement, but I had a similar mark on mine and it cost about $125 US for a local body shop to repair a deep gouge in the plastic and repaint it. It looked like new when they were finished. Took only a day for the repair.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Go with new covers. They were just fine before you were hit, no body filler etc. check your mirror tips, levers, etc. . give it a hard look over.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Looks like they backed into it. I usually try to leave the bike closer to the rear of a parking space as opposed to the front. Only because I've heard of cars pulling into a space, thinking it's open but finding out too late a bike is there. But I guess it might make me susceptible to something like this.

It was nice of them to hang around.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Niksons said:
Sad...
But funny that car is equipped with parking sensors & RV camera. And it was not enough to see your bike :crazy:
I drive a 535i with PDS. It's loud as hell unless you turn it off. I have a friend with the same X5 that hit his bike and she has both the camera and the PDS turned OFF! She paid for it and doesn't use it.

Ron White said it best - "You can't fix stupid!".

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
steveaikens said:
I drive a 535i with PDS. It's loud as hell unless you turn it off. I have a friend with the same X5 that hit his bike and she has both the camera and the PDS turned OFF! She paid for it and doesn't use it.

Ron White said it best - "You can't fix stupid!".
It's like the idiots I see talking on cell phones when I know the vehicle has handsfree bluetooth... ?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It is refreshing that she stuck around, when so many take off!
Glad the damage is minor....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ponch said:
Hey, they went to Stanford... :histerica
Yeah. She drove over to Stanford, bought a license plate frame, then drove to McDonalds. So she went to Stanford.
You can have a lot of money and be stupid. I know quite a few rather stupid people with lots of money, making lots of money. They make expensive stupid mistakes. But it doesn't matter as they then make more money. And quite a few very intelligent people who don't make much money.
There really is no connection.
How many fancy, expensive cars do you see where the idiot doesn't know what hands free is?
dc

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I had my bike in the dealership where I purchased it to get the stupid little retractor chord thingy replaced. The tech evidently let the lid hit the ground when he detatched the chord and it did almost that much damage to the top front corner just above where yours is scuffed.
Now the bad part is they didn't want to admit to doing it even though it still had parkinglot gravel in it. The dealer agreed to have it painted but I want it replaced. Hey it was fine when it went in and the bike at the time was only 6 months old. I've been in contact with BMW corporate and everything over it and we are still doing the "dealer denies doing it but is willing to paint it" thing. AND Bmw is falling back on their ole line about they can force these "mom and pop" shops to do anything. Mom and pop shop since when? This is the only BMW dealer in 150 miles. Besides I told them they could send me the door directly and bypass the "mom and pop" dealer. They said they'd pass this suggestion on to the regional rep which I have not heard from.

I have to say I LOVE the bike, but the dealership & corporation are USELESS.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
gerhard said:
She was nice enough, seemed to be intelligent enough, sometimes shit just happens. I am fairly easy going and I think she appreciated that I didn't get all bent out of shape and I appreciated that she stayed and did not try to make some dumb excuse as to why she wasn't at fault.
Great attitude. :cool: Any other attitude would just be wasted energy anyway. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nothing wrong with a repaint. You can't tell the final result apart if done by a good shop..

Once in a while the lid nuts get strippedwhen the case is built in which case the screws are not coming out anyway. Got one of them...

Painted my top case to match the side cases too- no issues...

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
David13 said:
Yeah. She drove over to Stanford, bought a license plate frame, then drove to McDonalds. So she went to Stanford.
You can have a lot of money and be stupid. I know quite a few rather stupid people with lots of money, making lots of money. They make expensive stupid mistakes. But it doesn't matter as they then make more money. And quite a few very intelligent people who don't make much money.
There really is no connection.
How many fancy, expensive cars do you see where the idiot doesn't know what hands free is?
dc
I should have put </sarc>

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Niksons said:
Actually... didn't get that ...:confused:

Probably a Cal Tech or USC thing... :stir:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.