BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could paint your K1200 any color, what would it be? I'm brainstorming about going with something other than the silver/red it came with. Any dream colors?

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you have Photo shop software or know some one who does, take a picture of your bike and you can paint it any color under the sun--and see what strikes your fancy.
My opinion is, that this bike is too elegant to be screaming with a bright color that should be preserved for sport bikes. A nice sophisticated color does it justice.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
My 2001 is my ideal color. :yeah: One reason I bought that particular LT. It was very close to the blue custom paint I had on my 86 Kawi Connie. (bought it wrecked & rebuilt it from ground up and was 3 shades of the 86 "Silverdammmit" with a 88 Candy Wine red tank).

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
My mostest favoritest vehicle color is early 50's Ford Sheridan Blue. When I restore my XJ650 Maxim it will go this color. It will be gorgeous.

As much as I like Sheridan Blue painting an LT this color would be doing the bike a huge dis-service.

As mentioned above stick with a more sophisticated color like BMW Mauve Mist. The best LT color there is.

Loren

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would say White!

But then I wouldn't be the only white LT anymore...not sure about that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
wa1200lt said:
My mostest favoritest vehicle color is early 50's Ford Sheridan Blue. When I restore my XJ650 Maxim it will go this color. It will be gorgeous.

As much as I like Sheridan Blue painting an LT this color would be doing the bike a huge dis-service.

As mentioned above stick with a more sophisticated color like BMW Mauve Mist. The best LT color there is.

Loren

Lauren,
I knew you were going to mention your bike's color, and you are right. I have seen two shades of that, yours and a darker--more brick toned burgundy and do they ever look sharp.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've tried photoshop for the LT. There were a few interesting colors I came up with, but overall I found black was still the sharpest look for the machine, especially with the chrome accents the LT has. I agree with the posts above though about overly "loud" colors for the LT. The only other color that piqued my interest somewhat was a dark, burnt orange color. But with the silver panels it just didn't quite work. If all the panels that are silver were black, it actually would look pretty damn sharp.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I actually mis-stated the color of my ride. It is BMW Mauve METALLIC.

If you are going to paint the uppers there is no reason you couldn't paint the lowers at the same time.

RockMonkey said:
I've tried photoshop for the LT. There were a few interesting colors I came up with, but overall I found black was still the sharpest look for the machine, especially with the chrome accents the LT has. I agree with the posts above though about overly "loud" colors for the LT. The only other color that piqued my interest somewhat was a dark, burnt orange color. But with the silver panels it just didn't quite work. If all the panels that are silver were black, it actually would look pretty damn sharp.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ditto on the white ... I'm a white freak and will be painting my 06 White pearl with a slight Blue tint in the very near future... It will also have some blue ghosting to it ... I can't wait

·
Registered
78 Posts
White? Silver? Black?
I wish BMW would bring the Burgundy back. I'd also like a dark green. Not to flashy, but elegant. I have a black LT now it looks classy, but I like something other than the mundane.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'd paint my red. Not really a fire engine red. Nor a candy apple red.
Sorta darker. Kinda burgundy color. Yeah, that's it.
I'd prob'ly dream up some silly name for that color, like "canyon red"... Yeah, that's it, I'd paint it canyon red.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There was a fire engine red LT at the Husker rally this year. Did not get a picture, but it looked fabulous!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Pearl white for me :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
wr blue as in wrx blue as in the color that about 70% of impreza wrx and sti's are. with the bottom still stock. SUbaru also has what is called Java black its black with minor gold fleck. In this case i would do the whole thing. I would like to see an all chrome LT but paint the current chrome parts black or something. It woulld probably look stupid.

·
Registered
929 Posts
iowalt said:
There was a fire engine red LT at the Husker rally this year. Did not get a picture, but it looked fabulous!
A fire engine red LT at a Husker rally? What's next? A purple LT at a K-State rally? :rotf:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Green is my second least favorite color behind orange. Except for Toscana Green on an LT. It is hard to take your eyes off of it once you've seen one. A very classy color for sure. I don't think there is anything close on another vehicle.

At one time there was a thread on this forum where the idea of swapping skins between owners was considered. A pretty cool idea but it wouldn't work for me because of the side car. Anybody out there have a Toscana LT with a matching Hannigan 2+2 side car?

Loren

thynk3r said:
I like the Toscana Green of my 02

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love the burgundy and forest green ideas. Also, I've never been a huge fan of pearl, but I've never seen it on a bike. could be a beaut. Also dig the classic black and deep orange ideas. Man, y'all are full of good brainstorms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts