BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a trip to Missouri and in St. Louis I noticed a noise when stopping and also an oil leak somewhere above the center stand. It just happened to be the last day of my warranty. Guess what no dealer in St. Louis. Called my dealer and told him about the problems and warranty expiration. He opened a service ticket and said he would try and cover it under the warranty. The noise I have sounds like 3-4 rocks tumbling slowly in a coffee can. It is intermittant. Happens when I am stopping slowly like into a parking spot. Clutch in, feet down, front brake only, idling. I was riding 2 up fully loaded. rotors, clutch, ??? Anyway, finished a good trip thru Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tenn. and home to Ky. Took the Natchez Trace part of the way. It was nice but can become boring. Anyway I am rambling.
Hope the dealer covers the repair.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Keep us posted on how it goes and let us know if the dealer is able to help you out on the warranty. I can't imagine they would slam the door on you that quickly. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I would write a brief description including who, what, where, when, why and have as many witnesses as possible sign it and include a statement that you notified your dealer on the date and exact time.
Not that I don't think BMW has your best interests in mind...:bmw:

·
Registered
718 Posts
mpillis said:
Called my dealer and told him about the problems and warranty expiration. He opened a service ticket and said he would try and cover it under the warranty.
Any dealer that told me he would only "try" to cover a failure when you called him on the last day of the warranty is not much of a dealer in my books. The right answer would have been "don't worry, if it is under warranty, we will take care of it". But then I have come to expect this kind of crap from BMW dealers... if you want a good warranty, buy a Yamaha or Honda. When I had a Yamaha, my dealer didn't care what it was.. he would fix it if it was under warranty.... and he didn't give me all that crap that BMW dealers give you about "making sure that the dealer had done all of the PM service". Seems like the first thing BMW dealers start trying to do is figure out some reason to deny your warranty.

I better quit... my blood pressure is going up!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they will

SO far my experien ce has been positive with them so I am not expecting any problems. Just thought it was something that it breakson last day of warranty. But I will keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts