BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all --- you may recall that my friend Bert passed away late last year. I'm trying to help his widow find good homes for some of his m/c related gear and accessories. One of the things that has me stumped, for both usage, application, and age, is the battery charger in the attachments. I've searched 4 or 5 website part fiches, and none have the charger listed. Took it to Alamo BMW in Boerne - no joy. Due to it's size and lack of 'charge maintaining' feature, I'm thinking it's pretty old. Can't even tell if it's ever been used, it's in such perfect shape. It does have the BMW specific plug-in connector. Part # is: 95 61 1 250 700.

Anyone have any information I can use about this item? Don't wanna put it in the classified without being able to answer possible questions. I may find out that it's not worth attempting to sell. Dunno. TIA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
It does maintain charge. Looks like ones that came STD with early 90's k-bikes.
I use one on another bike.
They were about $100 new.

I'll bid $40.

Dan

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dick check with Merry at Perry's in Fort Worth, 817-429-9922. They have been around for a long time. She just might know..

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bulletbill said:
Dick check with Merry at Perry's in Fort Worth, 817-429-9922. They have been around for a long time. She just might know..
Hey, Bill - thanks for that. I'll hold Merry in reserve for now, in case I run across some more of Bert's antiquities!! :) ;) Pretty much got what I need by visiting Anton's site and hearing that my buddy down in H-town has one of these thangs.

Gawd, I loves this forum!!!

BTW - didn't see you and Sander at the New Year's gig. Y'all doin' ok? Hope so. Stay warm up there in Denison

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DanMartin said:

I'll bid $40.

Dan
Hey, Bud. I don't even know if the thang works!! Maybe I'll go visit ole Toad in the frozen storage unit and plug it in. Need to charge that rascal up anyway - Woody and I terrorized the Hill Country Monday and I forgot to greenlight the BT Plus after we finished for the day.

It's yours - keeps me from posting on various classifieds, and will make Bert's widow, Linda, happy to see it's goin' to a foster home!!! :histerica Want me to package it up and ship it to ya, or maybe meetcha 1/2 way (after the 10th).

Thanks, Pal. Say "Hi" Cathy for me.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, Bud. I don't even know if the thang works!! Maybe I'll go visit ole Toad in the frozen storage unit and plug it in. Need to charge that rascal up anyway - Woody and I terrorized the Hill Country Monday and I forgot to greenlight the BT Plus after we finished for the day.

It's yours - keeps me from posting on various classifieds, and will make Bert's widow, Linda, happy to see it's goin' to a foster home!!! :histerica Want me to package it up and ship it to ya, or maybe meetcha 1/2 way (after the 10th).

Thanks, Pal. Say "Hi" Cathy for me.
Hold onto it. Next RTE. Let me know how you/Linda want payment. Paypal or check.

Dan

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DanMartin said:
Hold onto it. Next RTE. Let me know how you/Linda want payment. Paypal or check.

Dan
Just bring green - next RTE.

I'm pretty sure I'll be there!! :histerica

·
Registered
392 Posts
DanMartin said:

I'll bid $40.

Dan
+1 Dan. I got one when I bought my 94 KLT. Worked for about 5 years, then craped out with no warning. Of course I had left it plugged in for the winter, & the battery was dead for the first spring ride.Live & learn.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dick,

I've still got the same charger that came with my 1988 R100RS. Still works very well, but I usually only use it on the autos. It doesn't have a float feature and can overcharge a battery if not constantly monitored. Found that out the hard way some years ago.

Bill Edwards
Boerne, TX

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1jusbill1 said:
Dick,

I've still got the same charger that came with my 1988 R100RS. Still works very well, but I usually only use it on the autos. It doesn't have a float feature and can overcharge a battery if not constantly monitored. Found that out the hard way some years ago.

Bill Edwards
Boerne, TX
Thanks, Bill. Knowing Dan, I'm thinkin' he's had enough experience with his charger that this'n'll be glad to be in a good foster home!!

BTW - you freezin' in U.C., or out in my 'hood?? Got to 15* here last nite!! Mighta been a leetle lower out FM474. Wherever you are, stay warm.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That looks just like my old Schumacher. Made in the USA in the same place on the front.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2Wheelroadtrip said:
That looks just like my old Schumacher. Made in the USA in the same place on the front.
Yep, that's it. Same thing. Number plate on the back sez it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts