BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a little over a week now since I installed my Wilber's on Tarkus. I shouldn't say "I installed..." because Paul Rakestraw and David Peck came on by and lent a hand. In fact they more or less pushed me out of the way. We found that with a party like that you do not have to disassemble the ball joint to facilitate replacing the front shock. Put someone like David on one end of a pry bar using a judicious amount of leverage and correct holding of the tongue and the old shock can be removed and the new installed without undoing the ball joint.

It took us a little over 2 hours to switch out the shocks, front and rear. I had already removed the tupperware and tank.

Thanks, guys!!

I haven't ridden Tarkus with his new suspenders yet. While I was bleeding the rear brakes I checked the pads (thinking all would be fine) and found that both were about a mm away from metal on metal :eek: So I didn't get the replacement pads until Friday. Of course that's also the day I started drywalling the basement. The board's hung now so it's time to replace the brake pads then go for a ride. See Ya!

·
Registered
705 Posts
You're Welcome...

...and thanks for lunch! I think you'll fall in love with Tarkus all over again after you finally get around to test riding the new shocks. It's always fun to work on someone else's bike...we didn't have many leftover parts, did we??

We'll meet up for another lunch soon.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts