1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Wow! To say I really don't like the laid back style of a Harley would be an understatement, but I REALLY like the like of this bike!
Such wonderfully clean lines.
However, I wish they had thought the oil cooler location out a bit better. Much like the Moto Guzzi's with the oil cooler directly in the line of fire of stones and cooler blocking debris!

·
Registered
67 Posts
The lines and styling really catch my eye and I love those shiny black valve covers and small headlight fairing. But, and it's a big one, you can't stretch out your legs, they look a little cramped to be a Pro-Street Cruiser style bike. This is obviously aimed at the Harley-Davidson riders. Long distance riding will not be done on it, that's a sure bet! It would be a welcome addition to my garage for short distance day rides around CT. This is for those with ample deep pockets and MBS (multiple bike syndrome).

JJ in CT

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
As I clicked on your link, I didn't expect to like what i saw...wow, was I wrong. Certainly not a bike for me, but the design and execution are spectacular. Well done, BMW.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lines and styling really catch my eye and I love those shiny black valve covers and small headlight fairing. But, and it's a big one, you can't stretch out your legs, they look a little cramped to be a Pro-Street Cruiser style bike. This is obviously aimed at the Harley-Davidson riders. Long distance riding will not be done on it, that's a sure bet! It would be a welcome addition to my garage for short distance day rides around CT. This is for those with ample deep pockets and MBS (multiple bike syndrome).

JJ in CT
It's a cruiser! That's why it's not my "cup of tea". What I want, and have, is a sport-tourer. The RT fits the bill quite fine for me.

This thing is very nice though, and if I was the cruiser type, I would definitely go for this one over the K1600B bagger!

Hey, may be I'll see you around CT sometimes. I should be there sometimes in the summer. Used to live in Fairfield.

Reactions: PMitchell

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Love the rear-view mirrors.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
It a bit like a cross breed between an R1200C and a R90S both fed on Steroids!

Probably binned the rear view mirrors in favour of a rear facing camera and a display!

I wonder what the thinking is behind this bike. The R1200C never really took off so why would this...apart from the snobbery that comes with Cubic Capacity.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The time, they are a changing, Andy! It seems that cruisers combined with the retro-looks are picking up in popularity, and BMW wants to be in it. I don't think that their attempt at the cruiser with the K1600B bagger went off too well, and this one might do it! BTW, I do like the look of the R1200C, but again, not for me.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Well, we had the Hex heads, the Wet heads etc heads... maybe we now have the Shit Heads... just sayn.

Reactions: tvguy

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think it is pretty bad ass ... I won’t be a buyer of one, but I like it. I have very specific uses for my RT, different uses for my 75/5 or R50 ... it’s not a do everything bike, but so what? An 1800 boxer? Nice 👍🏻

Reactions: MBevans

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pass. Not much suspension, no bags or place to stow a helmet.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pass. Not much suspension, no bags or place to stow a helmet.
Errrr . . . . helmet goes on your head, Ponch!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I won’t be a buyer of one, but I like it.
Neither will most anybody! I can't believe they put development and production resources into something like this they're out of their collective minds!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Reactions: LuckyRT

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Well, we had the air heads, the hex heads, the wet heads, maybe we now we have ... bucket heads?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wow! To say I really don't like the laid back style of a Harley would be an understatement, but I REALLY like the like of this bike!
Such wonderfully clean lines.
However, I wish they had thought the oil cooler location out a bit better. Much like the Moto Guzzi's with the oil cooler directly in the line of fire of stones and cooler blocking debris!
What he said !!

And I am pretty sure that is still a prototype so some changes ...i.e. mirrors will be made.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts