BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
You stopped too soon. Isn't it supposed to POP!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bill,

I'm still laff'n after watching that. Thanks for some light hearted fun......

JD

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Better hope the EPA doesn't see this, I am sure they could come up with some bureaucratic regulation about burn outs :histerica

BTW, good test of your clutch, it appears that it isn't slipping at all :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 out of 5 positive comments and one wet blanket. Not a bad review for this site.

I didn't go till "POP" cause I would have had to push her into to the garage on a flat.

I used just water, didn't have any bleach.

My 60K clutch is just fine thank you all for your concern.

Big Blue is such a heavy beast; it still has quite a footprint, even on wet concrete. It did take more than I thought it would to break her loose.

I had read others saying they wanted to do this and pictures were mandatory. All in fun,
watch out Harley Guys, I'm only 1 hour north of Octoberfest!

Thanks to all, glad you liked it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That was fun. :D

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
cool!

(now I don't have to do it)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Excellent...

I don't care what they ney say about you.. Showmanship at it's finest.

John

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Seems to me if you get the timing right, should be able to burn the oil off the clutch and smoke the rear tire at the at same time...... (but I'll let someone else work on that process).

Jim H.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Nice alliteration on the title, good choice of music, loved to watch t now I don't feel the need to do it myself. Good times, good times. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bill, that was awesome Dude! I used to do burn outs frequently when I was riding chain drive Honda 750's, but with over 200K miles on 4 BMW "K"bikes I have never done a burn out or a wheelie. I've seen others do it, so I know it can be done, but every time I get the urge to try it I feel my wallet start burning my a$$. LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
That was amazing! I could see me trying that and the bike getting a teeny-tiny bit sidewise and....booom! I'll hand it to you...you got the cajons.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Love it, My wife watched with me and just shook her head while I sat here and laughed. She says guys are stupid because of the door and the black mark on the drive. :rulez: It is funny how hard you had to work at it to break loose the Metz. compared to how easy the Harley guys do it with no horse power and cheap Dunlops. :confused:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts