BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going to ride out and check out the road and the dam on the 17th of this month. Leave at 07:30 am and back by 4:30 pm.

Anyone want to tag along let me know and I will get you contact info..

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can't make it that date--but if I look at your route on Google maps, it looks like it's paved all the way around.

Can't trust that I'm right, though, the zoom level doesn't let me go in far enough to be 100% sure but it looks different than the obvious dirt roads that branch off it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally did make it to Coolidge Dam. Road in from the west is in OK shape up till the last mile or so. After that just slow down and watch for the pot holes. The dam is really cool to check out. Don't forget to look over the backside of the dam. Some great poured sculptures on the back side.

The road out to the east is just about dirt. You can see a little asphalt here and there but most of it is covered in sand and gravel. I would not recommend it for the LT.

Blasted in to Safford for lunch and then south to 366. Up to the top of Mt. Graham. About 30 miles of lots of fun. Started out at 85 degrees in the valley and was at 57 when we got to the top. There was still snow in the some spots.

Great road to ride on. Several hairpins had me down to first gear. Here is a shot from the ride.

and one from the dam also.

yeah, the water is a little low this time of year.

Oh well, got to clean the scooter, Later all....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.