BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am waiting for Aeroflow, should be available this Month. I tried Werks but Aeroflow always seem to give me a quieter envelope to ride in. I like to listen to music when I ride and that is important to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 R1250 RT
79 Posts
I am waiting for Aeroflow, should be available this Month. I tried Werks but Aeroflow always seem to give me a quieter envelope to ride in. I like to listen to music when I ride and that is important to me.

Have you tried either the Werks or an Aeroflow on a 21/22 RT? Or are these opinions on previous model years and were both that you tested the same height?

·
Registered
2022 R1250 RT
79 Posts
I have a 24" Werks on a '21 RT and it's amazing. Less noise/buffeting/wind with the screen much lower (compared to the OEM screen).
I've got one on the way. Hoping it ships Friday and I'll have it next week.

Currently using the BMW OEM sport shield which measures 20" in height and it is better than expected. Should be adequate for local hot/humid riding. Have used it for 1600 miles in temps from 40-60 and have been impressed but there is room for improvement with long haul road trips. Strong quartering winds and semi traffic on the freeway are tolerable but not for 500-1000 mile day rides for me with the sport shield.

Sport shield at full height

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

and at lowest setting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have you tried either the Werks or an Aeroflow on a 21/22 RT? Or are these opinions on previous model years and were both that you tested the same height?
I tried the Werks on my 2019 RT before the Aeroflow and the Aeroflow performed as I described in my previous post. They were the same height.

·
Registered
'21 R1250RT
537 Posts
The atrocious shipping costs from the U.S. pretty much eliminate all the screens mentioned already in this thread for yours truly. However Puig has a local agent/distributor so looked at their new screens for the '21-'22 RTs. Picked, ordered and installed their touring screen. VERY happy.

Even in the lowest position it smoothes the airflow, no buffeting at all. Optically it is quite good too, no distortions in the top third of the screen. Just as well because anything past the lowest settings means you look through the screen not over, if you are 5' 10"-11". Glad I ordered the light smoke version for this reason.

Fits well after massaging the screen a little. There is a warning note in the package saying that due to storage and temperature fluctuations, the screen may change its curvature, so some flattening to sit it on the mount points may be needed. Was not difficult to get it in position though.

Price was just under $300 of our money including postage. Definitely recommended. The one thing I don't know yet is how hard it is, how much it resists scratching.

·
Registered
2022 Triple Black R1250rt. Previously 2009rt, 2011K1600, 2017RT, 2019RT
249 Posts
The atrocious shipping costs from the U.S. pretty much eliminate all the screens mentioned already in this thread for yours truly. However Puig has a local agent/distributor so looked at their new screens for the '21-'22 RTs. Picked, ordered and installed their touring screen. VERY happy.

Even in the lowest position it smoothes the airflow, no buffeting at all. Optically it is quite good too, no distortions in the top third of the screen. Just as well because anything past the lowest settings means you look through the screen not over, if you are 5' 10"-11". Glad I ordered the light smoke version for this reason.

Fits well after massaging the screen a little. There is a warning note in the package saying that due to storage and temperature fluctuations, the screen may change its curvature, so some flattening to sit it on the mount points may be needed. Was not difficult to get it in position though.

Price was just under $300 of our money including postage. Definitely recommended. The one thing I don't know yet is how hard it is, how much it resists scratching.

Looks good. Have you had a Werks previously? and if so is it better/worse?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just ordered the sport screen tinted for my '21 RT. She said it'll ship later next week!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts