BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 BMW R1250RT
16 Posts
My bmw dealer carries areoflow windscreens since areoflow is fairly local and i got to meet the owner of areoflow who just happened to be at the dealer last weekend. I bought the extra tall windscreen since i am 6'7" and have had it for around 4 months. Does a great job redirecting the wind and almost eliminated wind noise in the helmet. Mine doesn't have any tint to it like the pictures above. I don't have any first hand experience with other brands.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
353 Posts
Just pre-ordered a Puig in light smoke for my 2021 RT. They are currently out of stock but expected by mid to late January. I currently ride with a 24" Quiet werks. Once I receive the Puig windshield I will probably put the Quiet werks shield up for sale.
May I ask why you are getting rid of the Werks? I never seen a bad review and I tested three different manufactures against each other (not the Puig) and found the Werks to be exceptional.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT
133 Posts
May I ask why you are getting rid of the Werks? I never seen a bad review and I tested three different manufactures against each other (not the Puig) and found the Werks to be exceptional.
I'm not sure I am. The only thing I notice is it is not as clear as the stock screen and takes more time to clean when compared to the stock shield. Neither of which I would call a bad review. I also just like a lite tinted gray screen and the Puig fits that bill.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
353 Posts
I'm not sure I am. The only thing I notice is it is not as clear as the stock screen and takes more time to clean when compared to the stock shield. Neither of which I would call a bad review. I also just like a lite tinted gray screen and the Puig fits that bill.
If you do purchase the Puig please let us know how it performs

·
Registered
2022 R1250 RT
79 Posts
I've found a 2022 that I'm contemplating purchasing but it has the smaller sport screen from the factory. This might work for warmer short rides but would like to buy something offering more protection for up to 1000+ mile day rides with the least turbulence/buffeting,, no different than anyone else I guess.

Wondering if anyone has the dimensions of the stock 21/22 factory BMW touring screen that I can use as a reference to assist in purchase of an aftermarket product.

Back in the day, many would use spacers on the lower mounts of the FJR aftermarket screens to increase the angle while providing some mitigation for back draft (aka Rifle screens used on many 2nd gen FJRs) and minimize the turbulence/buffeting. Has anyone attempted this with the OEM BMW touring screen?

I found this photo of the Puig and stock OEM screen as a reference of measurement...

Automotive design Font Motor vehicle Monochrome photography Monochrome

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
353 Posts
I would just buy a Werks shield. In all my years of owning bikes I have never purchased a shield that made such a difference in my ride. It is simply THE BEST! I kept the stock regular size shield for when it gets really hot out but would never leave on a trip without my Werks

·
Registered
2022 R1250 RT
79 Posts
I would just buy a Werks shield. In all my years of owning bikes I have never purchased a shield that made such a difference in my ride. It is simply THE BEST! I kept the stock regular size shield for when it gets really hot out but would never leave on a trip without my Werks

Have you had an opportunity to try the Werks shield on a 21/22 model year?

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
353 Posts
Have you had an opportunity to try the Werks shield on a 21/22 model year?
No I have not but aside from the headlights and TFT the bodywork is the same if not very similar

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No I have not but aside from the headlights and TFT the bodywork is the same if not very similar
I recommend the Jurok7...like the Werks, it has the tip bent to provide better protection and eliminate buffeting. However, you can ask Jurok for any size shield you want. I bought a 25" cause the 24 seems a little short and the 26 too much.
Great people to do business with.

·
Registered
2015 R1200RT
353 Posts
I recommend the Jurok7...like the Werks, it has the tip bent to provide better protection and eliminate buffeting. However, you can ask Jurok for any size shield you want. I bought a 25" cause the 24 seems a little short and the 26 too much.
Great people to do business with.
I believe the Jurok and the Werks are the exact same shield. At least according to the guy that makes the Werks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought mine from Werks and it shipped to me from Jurock. There's some kind of partnership. Maybe it's a Werks design and Jurock manufacturers it?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts