BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Work just bought us new Zumo 220s. What is the best, least invasive way to set up a Ram mount or other mount? Last night, I used the suction cup over the speedo, since I use the GPS speedo anyway. But that worries me that it will fall off.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
255 Posts
I now have the BMR shelf which is great. Before that I used the ball mount with the stem that fit in the extra mirror hole. Worked good. stayed on tight. With the BMR shelf you don't have to look anywhere but in front of you. With the mirror hole mount you have to look to that side of the handle bar to see the gps. One thing though, the wife liked it because she could also see the gps.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
rando said:
Guys,

Work just bought us new Zumo 220s. What is the best, least invasive way to set up a Ram mount or other mount? Last night, I used the suction cup over the speedo, since I use the GPS speedo anyway. But that worries me that it will fall off.

Thanks
Randy

I bought a Farkle Bar and mounted it using the ram resivior mounts. I could send you pics tonight or you could google Farkle Bar. I also use the power box on the Farkle Bar to power my Gerbing heated liner as well as charge my cell phone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had my GPS on both my RCU shelf and on a Ram Mount in the mirror stem hole.
Mirro stem hole worked best for me.
Closer, so easier to read and make adjustments on the GPS.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do I find the mirror stem hole part? That seemed to me like a good place when I looked this morning. Is that a ram mount part?

Randy

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Big plus on the BMR shelf. BMR also sells an additional part that the Zumo mount will screw onto. Or do like I did and just mounted a RAM diamond mount by drilling 2 new holes in the shelf. It's aluminum and is easy to do.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I used a standard RAM mount that sits on top of the clutch reservoir. Worked very well, and was easy enough for me, king of the clutzo-mechanics, to install in about five minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts