BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to listen to music when I ride, either from my iPod or on my phone playing Pandora. I don't like to use helmet speakers as I ride with my face shield open most of the time and the wind noise would preclude being able to use the helmet mounted speakers. I had been using some molded ear speakers from Big Ear, and while the sound was good, the hard plastic that they were made of didn't have enough flexibility to provide a good enough seal all the time, and thus I still got wind noise. I started using some OTO-Ease around the stems of the molds, which helped to seal them somewhat, but plugged up my ears and the speakers often. Now I can't hear anything out of one side, so I'm looking for a new setup. I see that Fuze http://www.earfuze.com/store.html offers some do it yourself version, but I'm not sure how good the speakers are. I want some good audiophile quality speakers in there, and I'm not sure how good those would be at the price. Anybody had some good results with those and the molding process? Is the mold material somewhat flexible when cured? I'm also looking at the Etymotic hf5 earphones http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf5.html While I had some of their ER-6 phones before and found them to have good sound, they stuck out of the ear a little too far, and thus caught the wind and transferred that noise. I don't know if the hf5 version is a smaller profile or not. Anybody used those? Anyone know of some good speakers I can buy to put in a molded ear plug? The ones I had from Big Ear were pretty good as far as audio quality, but I don't know their source. And lastly, does anybody know of a Bluetooth helmet unit that has a female socket so I could plug these into one of those units? All the ones I've seen so far are only setup for helmet speakers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can't help with the earbuds but the Sena SMH10 bluetooth helmet system offers a Helmet Clamp Kit for earbuds as an option for $39.95
I use the standard SMH10 unit and couldn't be happier with the sound and ease of use

1 - 2 of 2 Posts