BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found at motobatteries ebay store for $71.95 + 14.00 shipping.
It seems like a great deal but are there any other sources out there? Even though this is a new battery do I have to be worried that it has been on the shelf for 2 years?

Dave

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Hi Dave:

I think those guys sell enough batteries that you don't need to worry about any old stock getting shipped. I guess prices have gone up a bit since I bought mine.

I was very satisfied with their service, and you might check to see if the "new and improved" PC310SLI is available at a reasonable price.. supposed to be a 6 year battery.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Hey, Dave - here is what BatteryMart . com has to say about the Odyssey battery. Their price isn't as good as the one on eBay. Butt, the info is good.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Features:
12 Year design life and 6 to 10 year service life
99.9% pure lead providing minimal plate corrosion
Explosion proof
Corrosion proof
2 to 3 times the cranking power of equilivant size battery
Spill and leak proof
Superior vibration resistance
Fully Charged out of the box
When fully charged can be stored for up to 2 years at 77°F
May be installed on its sides at any angle without sacrificing performance attributes
Military grade version of the Hawker Genesis
2 Year Full Powersports Warranty
Made in the USA
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Best

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I forgot to say that the west-co and panasonic are the same battery. Also no shipping in the lower 48.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hawker Odyssey Battery

I just wanted to give you guys another option I personally deal with a place called Portable Power Systems and have for many years. I use the Hawker PC680MJ where the MJ stands for metal Jacket. They have some of the best prices that I have been able to find. Also they offer an instant rebate on some of their hawker batteries. Just a friendly FYI. www.portablepower.com :cool:

·
Registered
797 Posts
The one and only PC680 I purchased cost $80.02 delivered to my door from Sun Battery in FL. I don't think it lasted but about a year and that was with a battery tender hooked up any time I was not riding. Not happy with it at all. I an now on my second BMW gel and it seems to be working fine and for about the same price the 680 is now (pre unannounced parts price increase from BMW).

Someone posted about yet another option and I think I will strongly consider that one if I need another battery. The CCA numbers were really good but I don't remember much more than that.

I really question the ad copy about the PC680 having 2 to 3 times the power of comperable sized batteries. Mine was very stong when I first got it, but went down hill pretty fast. JMO.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
dronning said:
I found at motobatteries ebay store for $71.95 + 14.00 shipping.
It seems like a great deal but are there any other sources out there? Even though this is a new battery do I have to be worried that it has been on the shelf for 2 years?

Dave
I bought mine from the official dealer. Check Odyssey website for the dealers in your area.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes !

The Odyssey in my bike (2000 K1200LT) has been there since 2003 and is still going strong ! :dance:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lnowell said:
The one and only PC680 I purchased cost $80.02 delivered to my door from Sun Battery in FL. I don't think it lasted but about a year and that was with a battery tender hooked up any time I was not riding. Not happy with it at all. I an now on my second BMW gel and it seems to be working fine and for about the same price the 680 is now (pre unannounced parts price increase from BMW).

Someone posted about yet another option and I think I will strongly consider that one if I need another battery. The CCA numbers were really good but I don't remember much more than that.

I really question the ad copy about the PC680 having 2 to 3 times the power of comperable sized batteries. Mine was very stong when I first got it, but went down hill pretty fast. JMO.
I've also had bad luck with the PC680. Went through two of them in three years. My motorcycle(s) are my only transportation, so my PC680s got a daily workout but died in about a year and a half. They were mighty powerful for the first six to nine months and then slowly faded. Both died, by going completely dead without warning. I doubt I'll use the PC680 again unless the technology and reliability improves to at least the standard of the old lead acid battery. At least the lead acid type gave a warning when it was about to croak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts