BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tad more difficult than the "Best Movie" category, simply because there are more songs to choose from. (Yes, I know there have been threads with lists of motorcycle songs in the past, it just seemed it might be fun to revisit this issue jointly with the best movie thread).

My vote goes to "1952 Vincent Black Lightening" by Richard Thompson. Best line--"Red hair and black leather my favorvite color scheme."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just two that come to mind immediately:

Steppenwolf- Born to be wild
The Doors - Riders on The Storm

Sometimes when I know that I have some nice twisties coming up, I select the AC/DC folder on the Zumo just before I select "sport" on the ESA :yeah:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
dadicool59 said:
Sometimes when I know that I have some nice twisties coming up, I select the AC/DC folder on the Zumo just before I select "sport" on the ESA :yeah:
My choice in this scenario is "Animals" by Nickelback. Nothin to do with bikes, but gets your adrenalin flowin none the less.

·
Registered
929 Posts
+1 on 'Born to be wild'

·
Registered
560 Posts
"Shoot to Thrill." AC/DC

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'll throw my hat into the Born to be Wild ring as well.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
[rant ON]
Maybe it's just because I'm a musician ... or just anal / OCD. But, "Born To Be Wild" is NOT a motorcycle song. :( Read the lyrics.

Perhaps this thread would've been better if titled "Your favorite song to listen to while riding". ;)
[rant OFF]

While "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" is near and dear to my heart, I have to give the nod to David Wilcox' "Eye of the Hurricane". :cool:

Eye of the Hurricane - David Wilcox

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not even sure it's a motorcycle song, but I love it and I make it a motorcycle song when I hear it: Take it to the Limit (one more time).
Here's another non-MC song that I heard one morning on an early ride that just blew me away at the time. It had been raining, and just as it stopped and the sun peeked through the clouds for the first time, on my radio they start playing, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone..." Loved it,
I know it sounds corny but I love moments like that on my bike when more than ever you feel the pure, unbridled joy of this sport we all love so much.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
...Little Honda, by the Beach Boys....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I've grown tired of Born to be Wild - maybe too many of my Harley buddies play it, don't know. I'm going back to the movie thread, and say Goin Down The Long Lonesome Hwy. from Then Came Bronson.
I'm putting together a slide show of all the open highways I've been riding lately, with that as background music.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I was just thinking, and wondered if a thread about decent motorcycle riding songs wouldn't be a good idea. My buddies and I go for a week every year, and I run a video camera. Putting a DVD together afterwards, with music in the background, is time consuming, but it's almost harder to get the right music. If we all chipped in, with some of our best songs, it might be easier and more fun.
I know that the last one I did got great reviews just because of the music.
Think we should start a thread with a list?

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. Had one of my best motorcycling memories ever while listening to that song.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Moot said:
This is a tad more difficult than the "Best Movie" category, simply because there are more songs to choose from. (Yes, I know there have been threads with lists of motorcycle songs in the past, it just seemed it might be fun to revisit this issue jointly with the best movie thread).

My vote goes to "1952 Vincent Black Lightening" by Richard Thompson. Best line--"Red hair and black leather my favorvite color scheme."
No Motorcyles mentioned in the music, but I once got a clear run without traffic on the Million Dollar Highway between Silverton and Ouray with the fourth movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony blasting. I've never appreciated the music or the road more.

Dale White

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Arlo Guthrie............Highway in the wind

1 - 20 of 20 Posts