BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.... I have a new to me 06 LT and it came with the Vstream windshield. I think I am getting too much turbulence even when I'm looking through 3" of windshield. I'm 6'-1" and was wondering what similar height riders use on their LT's? I know CeeBailey and Parabellum both make windshields as well as the stock LT unit.

Just wondering if I can get rid of the wind on my helmet.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great....

Sammy

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well, I'm a bit unconventional...but I like the windshield all the way up and don't mind looking through the shield. My Cee Bailey does a great job of keeping the turbulence off of my helmet. There has been those occasions when I'm driving into a strong headwind and I will get a little turbulence even with the shield all the way up...I usually just drop the shield just a tad until it diminishes... I am also 6'1'' by the way...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
have you got the lower wings folded in? that will make it worse at least it does with my Vstream I never fold them in any more.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm 6'2" and a bit tall in my torso. I recently rode a friend's LT with the Cee Baileys "Ultimate Flow" shield and it was substantially better with regard to buffeting and noise when riding at freeway speeds as compared to my tall BMW shield . Their "Whisper Flow" is 2" taller and I suspect that one would be ideal for me.

I'll report back as soon as I can get one installed.

Jeff

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the BMW tall screen (came with the bike) with a Laminer lip added. Good results at a budget price. I'm 6'1''. Generally ride looking over top.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to replace my fogged screen when I bought my 03 LT. Replaced it with a CeeBailey -1. Even though I'm 6'4 the top of screen is just slightly below my line of sight with the screen down, not perfect for me. Should have gotten the -2 screen. I like looking over it riding in town. Great screen though. Keeps the air flow going up and over, adjusting the height for speed & wind.

·
Registered
438 Posts
We use a Cee Bailey's #2 -2. I'm 5'8" .... a tall guy might want the standard height or -1.
I think the CB #2 is great for touring, and it looks natural on the bike, like it belongs there.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
+1 on the positioning of the wind wings! It does make a difference in the type & amount of turbulence with any windshield.

John
Axle said:
have you got the lower wings folded in? that will make it worse at least it does with my Vstream I never fold them in any more.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Check the hyper flow series at ceebaileys. Note these are not polycarb like yours.

I have the middle shield the ultimate flow. Much quieter than the OEM shield.
When I put that on I got a sea of quiet, even when all the way down.
I can just barely see over it at 6'1" so I was thinking of getting the smaller sport flow shield.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmws1200lt_hf.htm

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a Cee Bailey's Ultimate also, and love it. I'm only 5'11", however that shield is far above my sight line in the top position so it should also cover taller riders.

Do keep in mind that variations in anatomy and sitting posture mean that no two people of the same height will end up with their head at the same height while on the bike. I tend to sit high in cars and touch the ceiling with my head, so for whatever reason it seems like my seated height is high for my total height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts