BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is a very good video! This is very timely as I'm about 1/2 way through a transmission swap job. But with this, I am not afraid to do a clutch either. Well done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great video. I'll be doing this soon. Anyone tackle this without a lift? I have room for the project, but nowhere to store a giant metal table in between hopefully rare clutch changes.
However, I don't want to overdose on ibuprofen either.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Great video. I'll be doing this soon. Anyone tackle this without a lift? I have room for the project, but nowhere to store a giant metal table in between hopefully rare clutch changes.
However, I don't want to overdose on ibuprofen either.
I don't think a lift is a requirement, but it will make it way easier. you will need something to support the rear of the bike as this job will require removing the side/center stand from it's mount (the transmission) and then lowering the engine several degrees in the rear to remove it.

@TheBMWGuy , or anyone else who may know, it's is an absolute requirement to detach the coil pack prior to lower the engine? I looked to me like there was enough room to rotate the engine down? Then getting the coil pack on and off without the frame in the way, so much, would be way easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts