BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for advice on a helmet communicator for my 7-year-old daughter. I am looking for something that is very simple to use. Want to just power it on and that is all she needs to do. So basically, it just needs to be full duplex, voice activated and no other options are needed. I plan on getting Sena and I know that they are compatible with many other Bluetooth units. What are all of you using?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been hoping somebody would respond to your request, no luck so far. I've been using communicators since the 1990s, I have not found any that are really easy to use.

FWIW, I'm also not a fan of Sena products. This is just my opinion, I'm sure plenty of people will disagree.

Anyway, my best suggestion is the new Cardo Freecom 1+. By not having a lot of features they have fewer things you daughter will need to learn and remember.

Freecom info

Good luck and be very careful with precious cargo onboard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A set of Sena 20s units would be just fine. Yes, they are LOADED with features, some good and some not needed, but for wife and I it is just turn them on and they work. I use many features with mine but wife just uses intercom.
After the initial setup, can your just power it on and have it work without having to mess with it? Just want it as simple as possible.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Here’s a novel idea, why don't you just pick-up a cheap wired no frills communicator like a Chatterbox Tandem-Pro HJC-50 or a HJC-FRS Multi-Sport until you decide on which Bluetooth communicator set you want. I know its old technology but these are basically rock solid. Either of which I could send you free of charge except for postage, if you decide to go that route. Each comes with 1 each, 2 input communicator, 2 headsets, 2 mics (for 3/4 or full face helmets) and charger. I replaced the battery on one of the FRS's about 2 years ago which is the one I would send. I have no further use for any of these, (actually I have 4 HJC-FRS and 1 HJC-50). They are just collecting dust down in my motorcycle equipment cabinet and I would be more than happy if someone could get some use out of them. PM me if interested and I can give you more information. I recently purchased a Sena 10S Dual and have been less than thrilled with its performance but that’s another story!.......Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts