BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys; what is the best deal out there on which battery for a K1200LT?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I don't know if it was a limited time offer,
but I got a Westco from Beemer bone yard a couple of months ago
for under $90 delivered to my front door

·
Registered
847 Posts
Batterystuff.com you can get a Scorpion battery for 78 dollars delivered -AGM-YT 51913-22 sealed.

Gary
2003 K1200LT

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch!!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The ETX20L from Autozone ran me $97.77 last July.

I liked the idea of being able to go to any Autozone and get a replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am new to having an LT always had older BMWs so the battery was a pretty simple fix when it went dead.....just push it down the driveway. Went to start the LT today that was parked in a friends heated garage (hot) for the winter.....of course, as you all know, it didn't start. Deader than dead. . Put the battery on quick charge for a hour still nothing. When the charger was on 15 amp all the lights would go on but no starter action and center stand would not go up. Everything else lights unlike there is full power when on the charger. I took the battery out an I am charging it over night. I am guessing I will need a new one. On my 75/5 I would just buy the cheapest battery I could find but with the LT in am guessing I want an expensive one so I feel better when traveling......still Rhino sells one for $40 that they state will work....so do i just plan on buying a $40 buck battery every spring or pop for the $$$ :confused: BMW battery?

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Otto27 said:
I am new to having an LT always had older BMWs so the battery was a pretty simple fix when it went dead.....just push it down the driveway. Went to start the LT today that was parked in a friends heated garage (hot) for the winter.....of course, as you all know, it didn't start. Deader than dead. . Put the battery on quick charge for a hour still nothing. When the charger was on 15 amp all the lights would go on but no starter action and center stand would not go up. Everything else lights unlike there is full power when on the charger. I took the battery out an I am charging it over night. I am guessing I will need a new one. On my 75/5 I would just buy the cheapest battery I could find but with the LT in am guessing I want an expensive one so I feel better when traveling......still Rhino sells one for $40 that they state will work....so do i just plan on buying a $40 buck battery every spring or pop for the $$$ :confused: BMW battery?

Thanks
Go to Beemerboneyard's site and order a Westco battery to fit the LT. You'll have it in short order and it will arrive partially charged. Mine came couple weeks ago and started ole Toad first crank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Dick. That's what I want... a for sure toad starter.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
with the cost associated with replacement of some of the sophisticated electronics on the LT,
buying a cheap battery might not be such a bargain in the "long run"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts