BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
This was an excellent message. I should snope it. These are often fabricated. I first saw this on Digg and was looking at some of the comments. Most diggers liked it too, but there were those who believed that making money, at least a lot of it, is evil. In their view, wealth is fixed, and if you get more of it, you took it from someone else.

The reality is that wealth is theoretically infinite, but there are practical limitations since we don't have an infinite amount of resources (mostly labor), or an infinite # of hours in a day to create wealth, and even if we did, the government would grow to be infinite in size and suck all that wealth down a hole anyway.

·
IBR# 366
16,572 Posts
Bobnoxous said:
. . . and even if we did, the government would grow to be infinite in size and suck all that wealth down a hole anyway.
Would? Don't you mean is? ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hell, I'm 50 years old, and not nearly as cynical as the idiot who gave that address. I can't imagine how an idealistic college graduate would view that speech (if it truly WAS delivered, rather than an urban legend) in any way other than with outright contempt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts