BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Well Beryl's birthday is fast approaching, being 2 Sept from memory, and the usual visit to the local garage for a renewal of the birthday certificate (pink slip).

$20 for the annual pink slip

Beryl will be a teenager, .....13years on.....and 210,500kms on the clock

hmmmmmmmm 13 year olds normally start to turn feral....maybe not a good omen??

Have noticed over the past number of years that the rear brake light goes intermittant.

Not wanting to get a defect notice from Mr Plod and Co, plus a "go away and fix" comment from the local mechanic, I have to soak the rear brake switch in Mineral turps overnight to get a good 100% response. I have also had to extend the wiring some 150mm as it was always a tight pull on the switch when in situ. I think I have phoned up once before asking the price of a replacement switch and for some reason $70-$80 was mentioned AGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for this poxy little micro switch???? (which is why I go with the mineral turps I suppose.

Hmmmmm wonder what the cost is from the US beemer boneyard mob?

Geeeeee Mr BMW motorcycle builder, does having an extra 100mm or so on this cable really eat into your profit margins??.....boring!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Happy birthday pending Beryl.....
So the brake switch off the footpeg has to take a bath?
She's a well ridden old girl, that one.

Yeah, better watch those 13 year olds.. I've heard tales that that's when the the feral ones start to lose their skirts... :rolleyes:

My little TYC's is up on 9 Sept (7 years registered/ 91775k's), so it too visited a local mechanic, instead of ProCycles, for the first time to get it's pink slip. Cost me $21.20.
Only question he had was when I flashed the high-beam.. "Are they HID's, are they legal?" Why, yes sir, sure are.... (well, at least Procycles never said anything, and then the 2006's came out as standard with Xenon, so I figure I'm good).

Will Beryl get a nice shiny wax job for her birthday for she looks all pretty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts