BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a route planned to get to Bend Or. I was going to spend some time in the Willamette National Forest But was going pick my way towards Lake Tahoe from there anybody know a nice route to get there What is the 101 along the ocean like

·
Registered
3 Posts
Absolutely great riding with amazing coastal views, cooler temperatures, Fortuna and Fort Bragg have great breweries with food. 299 and 36 around Eureka are great, you could do 36 to Lake Almanor (check out Mount Lassen) and then south to Tahoe. You could also take 20 from Fort Bragg in towards Tahoe but I haven't been on that road in years so don't know the condition. I usually take 128 through wine country, Lake Berryessa, (that might drop you too far from Tahoe) then connect to 80 up to Tahoe. It all depends on how much time you have.
I usually avoid 5, too hot in the valley, too boring, too straight but it's quick.
Love those roads, you'll have a good time.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely great riding with amazing coastal views, cooler temperatures, Fortuna and Fort Bragg have great breweries with food. 299 and 36 around Eureka are great, you could do 36 to Lake Almanor (check out Mount Lassen) and then south to Tahoe. You could also take 20 from Fort Bragg in towards Tahoe but I haven't been on that road in years so don't know the condition. I usually take 128 through wine country, Lake Berryessa, (that might drop you too far from Tahoe) then connect to 80 up to Tahoe. It all depends on how much time you have.
I usually avoid 5, too hot in the valley, too boring, too straight but it's quick.
Love those roads, you'll have a good time.
Thanks for the info I probably will take 101 down and welcome to the forum

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
101 was pretty hot last year as we left Idaho headed to the Bay Area. Wished we had gone down the coast again at Fort Bragg as it hit 101 on the 101.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts