BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the wrong place to post this, but a quick scan of the available forums didn't have one jump out at me. The dealer experience forum was the closest, but this is not a dealer experience and I didn't see a vendor experience forum. I assume the admins will move this to the proper place if there is one.

I've read good things about BBY before and had one good past experience, but they continue to impress me and I tend to not be easy to impress (read my review of my two week Alpine tour on a K1600GTL if you don't believe me!).

When I did my first 24K, I bought the kit from BBY and was impressed with their speed of response, the quality of the parts they provided (OEM manufacturers in most cases) and the small things like taping a new crush washer to the oil filter.

Friday I ordered a 6 pack of filters and, since the note said these do not include the crush washer, a 6 packet of those also. I ordered online Friday evening and got an email this morning (Saturday) that my order had been shipped. I then got a second email that they had found a cheaper way to ship and were refunding $6 of the shipping fee. And this on top of the 10% BMWMOA discount. I can't imagine better customer service.

I often think when dealing with a BMW dealer or vendor that "if I was in business I would do it so much better than they do." I can honestly say that BBY is the first outfit I have dealt with where I say "I can't imagine topping what they do."

I have no financial or other interest in BBY other than being a very satisfied repeat customer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have called BBY with technical questions when I was on the road. The guy who answered the phone didn't have an answer off the top of his head, but he called me back about 10 minutes later. He had the right answer, but not the part I needed. I have been a repeat customer several times now.

I was not aware of the BMWMOA discount. Thanks for the hot tip.

BTW, this forum beats the socks off of the BMWMOA's. I know some guys post in both places, but the association's tone is not as helpful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got the same shipping refund on my first ever order from them. Have ordered some other things and it's always shipped fast, usually get it within 3 or 4 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts