BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm planning a trip in May through California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, wyoming, Idaho,Washington and come back by the north cascade before heading home in British Colombia.

Any spot I shouldn't miss :eek2: , feel free to give me some advices.... :confused:

Obviously, I want to capture this on camera like the guys in Long Way Down ,and become millionaire by riding my RT with my best buddy. :histerica

So, in order to make my first $$$$ I need some advice on what brand of helmet camera to buy, and can someone give me a run down as to they work (wind noise in the
microphone ? :confused: ).

And when the first millions roll in I share some with you guys :D for helping me out....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered this beauty last night. Probably going to order the external mike later so I can get a cleaner engine sound and less wind noise (the GoPro Hero is said to be good/better on wind noise) and also power it from my RT. I especially like the included remote control and built in screen.

Newest Drift HD 170 Stealth

Here is a review on their last years model:

Drift HD review

Looking forward to see your award winning adventure epic! :corn:

·
Registered
126 Posts
After reading several reviews the Drift does seem to be better on the movie part and not so on the sound part. Please post some samples after you get yours and with sound. I think we would all want to see this in real life performance...yes I viewed the published stuff but who knows if that has been modified or not? Also I think it would be better suited to the motorcycle with a suction mount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WimStang said:
After reading several reviews the Drift does seem to be better on the movie part and not so on the sound part. Please post some samples after you get yours and with sound. ...Also I think it would be better suited to the motorcycle with a suction mount.
I forgot to mention that I only have it on preorder(26/3) and that snow is still in the air here at my place, but shure, I will supply you with some footage (mileage) from my setup.
I agree on the suction mount, and I have modified a GPS mount to fit the threads on the Drift for this.
Maybe an external mic is not needed since I plan to mount the cam behind my clear Aeroflow screen. It will therefore be protected from both mosqitos and wind noise, but if I need an external mic, I plan to put it above the air intake snorkel for a good strong throttle sound. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
726 Posts
GoPro. I have seen more video on this camera than any other, and the price is right. $200 is the going price. Good and Safe Riding... :bmw: ..............

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Those states contain some of the best riding in the country.

My really, really short list of places includes:

Hwy 12 in Idaho/Montana... Lolo Pass. Best 100 miles basically anywhere.

Middle Utah: Huntington Canyon between Fairview and Huntington.

north of SLC... Trapper's Loop to Monte Christo.

Idaho... Salmon, Id north to Montana on 93, at the intersection with 43, turn East, Chief Joseph...

far north Idaho...Highway 200 between Ravelli and Sandpoint...

PM me for details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts