BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Imagine that ... a car actually pulled out in front of you ... go figure ...

As for the road .... aren't they all like that ... here in Grand Junction, Co. you go a mile out of town and all the roads are like that ... didn't know there was anything else ... JK ... LOL ... we do have some great rides here though ... anyone in the area .... go over the Colorado National Monument ... lots of twists and lots of looking over the edge ... hehehehe ...

My favorite in the area is 141 ... from Whitewater to Dove Creek ... via Gateway and Naturita ... gorgeous ride ... only problem is I forget to watch the road the scenery is so pretty ... and it needs to be watched

Not trying to hijack your thread ... that was a neat road ...

·
Registered
423 Posts
So that's what it looks like without a massive thunderstorm on top of you throwing lightning bolts, rain and hail all around. I did have one question though: "Why were your RPMs so low?", until I saw you were following a GW.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
smahon said:
So that's what it looks like without a massive thunderstorm on top of you throwing lightning bolts, rain and hail all around. I did have one question though: "Why were your RPMs so low?", until I saw you were following a GW.

You answered your own question! :D

Some of us road that just a few weeks ago, what fun what fun :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It has been on my bucket list for several years and I finally got to ride it on my way to CCR, Awesome!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can't ride but with this I can pretend. Thank you.

·
Registered
607 Posts
motorhead said:
Up top is cold, windy and desolate ... No damn wonder Custer made his last stand here :p

LOL. And the cruiser rides by with only his T shirt and vest, right after the post about the low temps...

·
Registered
607 Posts
mwnahas said:
Yes, yes, yes. :D

What brand of top case bag is that?

And what are the two cylinders on the top case?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
GlennM86 said:
What brand of top case bag is that?

And what are the two cylinders on the top case?

Thanks
Kathy's bags, we have the whole set.

The cylinders are thermos bottles in holders zip tied to the luggage rack. We just carry ice water. We leaned in Arizona never go anywhere with out some water.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
wrmoss said:
It's a great ride... :yeah:

I don't know what happened to the sign at the crest, it was GONE! Maybe the wind, could have been someoen wanting it for the personal collection :mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great video. Now I know what it actually looks like. We went through there this July on the first day it was opened. Walls of snow on the switchbacks 50ft. high. On top it was snowing and mostly cloud covered, it looked like you were driving into the sky. Somewhat disconcerting actually.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts