BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just took the LT in for it's 600 mile service this morning and got a little scare on the way. I exited the four lane leading to the shop and hit the off ramp sweeper marked at 25mph at about 45. As I'm leaning into the nice sweeper I notice what looks like water on the road, just as I think that thought, the big beast begins to slip and slide! :eek: I gently roll of the throttle and try to ever so gently ease towards the edge of the off ramp with success. As I continue around the coner on the outter most edge I notice oil throughout the entire turn. When I come out of the corner I see a UPS truck pulled over on the shoulder with smoke billowing out...must have blown the engine or tranny. Needless to say as I pulled into the shop I had to groom the pucker marks out of my seat. Just wanted to put out a reminder to everyone to be careful out there and expect the unexpected!

Ride Safe,

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Well done. Handling unexpected cornering issues is truly an art. Question: Was the billowing smoke visible from the freeway?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done. Handling unexpected cornering issues is truly an art. Question: Was the billowing smoke visible from the freeway?
Thank you. Unfortunatly I did not notice the smoke from the freeway. Luckily a cager was in front of me which caused me to take the turn slower than I normally do. I think if I would have been going a few MPH faster I would have been reporting a low side to you guys!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I just saw a video clip of a guy on a sportbike getting on the freeway. He is flying through the on ramp then looses it and slides out on the freeway and then gets run over by a car, not a pretty site. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Ekim said:
I gently roll off the throttle and try to ever so gently ease towards the edge of the off ramp with success.

I think if I would have been going a few MPH faster I would have been reporting a low side to you guys!
Ride Safe,
Rolling off the throttle in a slide will usually, not always, usually, cause a high side. I'd take a low side to a high side any day:eek:

Aw hell, I don't want either.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts