BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost did not make it to see the sunset today.

West bound Business 80 to 50/99/I-80/ transition. Old station wagon merged to the inside lane for no reason with no turn signals not aware of my location. He never saw me because the station wagon was loaded up a bit.

Almost had me against the railing but I managed to escape by getting on the binders hard and letting him get ahead. One half second too soon and I would have been one with the railing or over it with a nice drop to the lower street.

BTW, my Micro DE HIDs were on. It wouldn't have mattered if I had airplane landing lights. He just was unaware of his surroundings.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Hey, Raffy! So glad you managed to do the "right things"... another reminder to be aware of OUR surroundings... and how fluid they are. From the sound of the "wagon driver", he's got enough on his mind...

It would sure be good if we could get these "glimpses" of a motorcyclist's life, into the awareness of the cagers.... until that time, thanks for the "head check" reminder... !

·
Registered
385 Posts
Raffy,

Glad to hear you lived to tell the tale. Cagers scare me. I almost got hit by an ambulance last week. Thought the driver saw me in his mirror, so I went ahead & passed him in the fast lane, just as I got up to his door, he started moving over. Thank heavens for that loud horn on the KT & the fact that I was in 3rd at the time, so I was able to scoot out of the way. Can't imagine being put up against a guardrail, but I know it happens to riders all the time.

Kevin Moyer

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
THEY ARE OUT TO GET YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND ME!!!!

They just don't know it
:think:

Glad you're in one piece, Raffy.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
grifscoots said:
Yesterday, a guy on a Harley got on the highway and came across all three lanes without moving his head. He ended up riding next to me, seeings how I was nice enough to move over. You shoulda seen the dirty look he gave me. I could almost read his mind, "Fooking sport bike rider passing me on the inside of my lane".
Shoulda laid on the horn and scared the mess out of him. Bike idiots are almost as bad as cage idiots, sometimes even worse.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Glad you have quick reactions.

These type are the ones who you wish buy a bike, just so they realize how ciritical the space around them is - whether it's on the street or freeway. And can appreciate it!

·
Registered
766 Posts
So glad your O.K. ! Close calls are never fun, but better than the alternative.

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
Glad you survived unscathed. You can always buy new shorts. :)

After my little incident last Saturday, I'm getting a louder horn. The instincts kicked in and I handled it fine, but it mostly just reminded me why I don't commute in L.A. traffic anymore.

·
Old Dawg
3,293 Posts
That has to be one of the worst interchanges in the United States, scary stuff everytime I near it.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
Bike idiots are almost as bad as cage idiots, sometimes even worse.
Only accident I have had on a bike in 40 years, I was hit broadside by another bike... He ran a stop sign.

Raffy, I'm very glad all's well that ends well... :D

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
LodiHal said:
Only accident I have had on a bike in 40 years, I was hit broadside by another bike... He ran a stop sign.

Raffy, I'm very glad all's well that ends well... :D

I'll 2nd that one...:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts